12-05-2020, 10:35 AM
User Info
Hello gents --

It's been a while since I've been active here.  Life has been very challenging for me over the last year and a half -- I started a new business from scratch and had my first child at the same time.  This was incredibly brave or foolish, I'm not sure which.  I haven't had time for many things in life that I enjoy, including my wetshaving hobby.  Things were hard enough, then Covid hit.  My business is barely alive -- we had to exit our lease, sell off all of our assets, fire most of our employees -- but we are still going.   And my daughter is healthy and happy.  As hard as it's been for me, I know it's been much worse for others.  

So in the spirit of gratitude and goodwill, I'd like to give some shaving stuff away to those who can use it, and who maybe have had a harder time than most during this difficult year.

I am PIF-ing two complete shaving sets:

1) Razorock Old Type razor w Edwin Jagger chrome handle, Satin Tip The Finest synthetic brush, Paladin Natchez Trace (Bay, Pine, Cedar) shave soap

2) Razorock MJ-90 razor w titanium handle, Stirling Kong synthetic brush, Paladin Crossroads (Tobacco, Sandalwood) shave soap

The razors are in perfect condition, the brushes clean, the soaps almost 100% (lightly used in large rotation)

Worth noting, the soaps were originally gifted to me by Ken Lynn (thanks Ken, it's been a long time if you read this!) and I felt it best to extend his generosity rather than keep them.  

I'd love it if those who are interested in this PIF have friends or loved ones who are either just starting out in traditional shaving (both razors are excellent for beginners) and or those who have faced adversity this year and would be cheered by an unexpected gift.

I'll pick two responses at random and close the PIF on Dec 20 so they can be sent out for Xmas.

All the best to everyone!  Have a safe and happy holidays.

Alex

[Image: nRnUYHg.jpg]
[Image: cnGxFVl.jpg]

[Image: MiTXz8y.jpg]
[Image: 67SN2tB.jpg]

11 976
 12-05-2020, 11:22 AM
User Info
Great PIF Someone’s going to be SET.
( Not IN )

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

0 24
 12-05-2020, 11:51 AM
User Info
Very generous, thanks for doing this. I am not in, but others will really enjoy the sets.

251 14,734
 12-05-2020, 12:11 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Not in, but very nice gesture.

36 1,132
 12-05-2020, 01:11 PM
User Info
Not in, but that is a very nice gesture, best of luck to you an yours.

0 277
 12-05-2020, 05:15 PM
User Info
Alex, I'm not in but this is a wonderful gesture.  

By the way, I acquired all five of the Paladin soaps when they were first released, and they're excellent as to both performance and scent.

60 10,708
 12-16-2020, 12:49 PM
User Info
Any takers??  I can sweeten the deal with a few packs of Gillette Silver Blues for each kit.  

Anyone...anyone...Bueller...Bueller...?  ;-)

11 976
 12-16-2020, 01:54 PM
User Info
My son-in-law is just into traditional wet-shaving. I am gratefully in for either, as I will pass these on to him. Thank you!

93 6,645
 12-16-2020, 11:14 PM
User Info
Not in.

I'm a total noob on this board as of yesterday, and the proud recipient of a Primo PIF recently on another board.
I followed up with a Thanksgiving PIF of my own as it was extra special being my son's 17th birthday (watched me wet shave his whole life and refuses to try it).

You Sir are an inspiration, I'm sorry you're going through all of this. So kind of you to offer this gear, I'M DROOLING over it and also want it to go to a deserving soul.
That said, and observation/suggestion...This PIF has been open with no takers so long IMO you should end it and secret Santa that gear to Primo's son-in-law now so it gets under the tree for xmas.

Primo- don't say anything, deny any knowledge and report back after you tell him next year lol!

Regardless, FANTASTIC PIF!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Mike

1 50
 12-17-2020, 06:49 PM
User Info
(12-16-2020, 12:49 PM)surfshaver Wrote: Any takers??  I can sweeten the deal with a few packs of Gillette Silver Blues for each kit.  

Anyone...anyone...Bueller...Bueller...?  ;-)

OK, I'm in!  Biggrin  I thought there would be more interest in these than there is, I'd be happy with either one.

Best of luck on all future endeavors my friend.

0 277
 12-18-2020, 04:28 PM
User Info
Alright then, I'm in!

Got a couple buddies I've promised starter sets to. 
There's Primos soon in law too...
Either set it preference to 2.

1 50
 12-18-2020, 06:09 PM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
I'd like to be in because I really like Ken's soaps. Mighty kind of you.
Bummer that your business got whacked. Lots of company if it makes any difference.

67 1,963
 12-18-2020, 09:37 PM
User Info
Ok guys, that's more like it!    Open two more days...

11 976
 12-20-2020, 09:06 AM
User Info
PIF closed!  I have contacted the recipients.  Thanks to everyone who commented here, I appreciate the goodwill.

Merry Xmas to all!

Alex

11 976
 12-20-2020, 09:19 AM
User Info
Thank you, Alex and Merry Christmas!!!

93 6,645