12-08-2020, 09:55 AM
User Info
As the title says - I have rs-10 in both plates - And I am currently thinking about selling mine to get funds for blackbird ti razor - It’s hard to find any reviews on the ladder-I would greatly appreciate any insight – thank you

7 406
 12-08-2020, 10:39 AM
User Info
I have owned both razors, however: RS-10 not both plates and Blackbird in stainless not in ti.
Here goes:
The Blackbird is a terrific razor - a bit aggressive  but fantastic.
The RS - 10 was "mild" compared to the Blackbird.
my 2 cents...

69 2,043
 12-08-2020, 10:49 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Blackbird Ti has a somewhat nicer feel during the shave compared to the SS version. The Raw RS10 feels a lot milder but both are razors that belong to the best out there. Sure you won't regret selling the RS10? Shouldn't be a problem finding a buyer.

39 1,625
 12-08-2020, 11:01 AM
User Info
I've owned two RS-10 razors, each with both plates. The mild plate was super smooth, but lacked the efficiency I look for. The aggressive plate provided good efficiency, but sacrificed some of that smoothness in the process. I sold the first, bought again shortly after in the hope a revisit would bring more success. It wasn't to be and that razor was also sold.
I bought the Blackbird Ti on day of release and have had five shaves, so far. I've used the SS Blackbird as well as the brass version and as much as I've wanted to love those, the blade feel has been excessive, almost to the point of being harsh. Certainly not a daily shaver. The Ti is totally different. Same efficiency, yet a softer, more managable feel and with a manoeurvrability the other materials can't match.
The RS-10 is no longer made, of course, and that may be a reason to hold on to it. From a purely shaving point of view, for me, the Blackbird Ti wins hands down.

37 5,669
 12-08-2020, 11:10 AM
User Info
I have the Raw RS-10 'aggressive) and Blackbird (but not in Ti) - neither of the two will be leaving my den.  Both are among the very best.

0 20
 12-08-2020, 01:27 PM
User Info
I would hold on to that RS-10 if you like it and save for the ti BB, even if you have to wait a few more months to get it.

1 137
 12-08-2020, 03:42 PM
User Info
Thank you guys - I don’t know what I was thinking, getting rid of a razor, why sell if I can keep??

7 406
 12-08-2020, 04:46 PM
User Info
If you never experienced seller's remorse maybe now is the time.

69 2,043
 12-09-2020, 02:48 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
(12-08-2020, 03:42 PM)inspectoring Wrote: Thank you guys - I don’t know what I was thinking, getting rid of a razor, why sell if I can keep??

If you already sold your RS-10 to purchase a BlackBird Ti, you are still in a good position - BB in Ti shaves like a dream. I have an RS10 with both plates as well as all types and finishes of BB (SS, Brass, Ti) and can say that for me my BB are still the BEST razors among all contemporary DE razors. 

The head geometry on the RS-10 and BB have are somewhat similar but not identical. The mild RS-10 plate shaves smoothly but less efficient than any of the BlackBirds I have. The aggressive plate delivers a better level of efficiency, but it is harsher on my skin. 

My Ti BB shaves as efficiently as my other Birds, but has a more delicate effect.

126 1,935
 12-09-2020, 04:21 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
I've had the Ti BlackBird now for nearly a month and love it. I find it gives the best blade feel of any shaver I own now. Rocnel A was previously my favorite. The Ti seems like 1/2 the weight but feels just perfect in hand. 
Good luck with your decision

0 644