12-17-2020, 06:49 AM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
Hi all.  Record setting snow storm here in PA.  Thank God I finally bought a snowblower this Fall.  A tad over 2 feet right here in Williamsport.  Up to 4' in the out lying areas and higher elevations.  If you're dealing with this also, take your time with the cleanup.  And hopefully your boss has some grace, mercy and common sense with your attendance today.  

Be safe all.

Ron
[Image: A9H1lYP.jpg]

0 389
 12-17-2020, 10:07 AM
User Info
(12-17-2020, 06:49 AM)2Chops Wrote: Hi all.  Record setting snow storm here in PA.  Thank God I finally bought a snowblower this Fall.  A tad over 2 feet right here in Williamsport.  Up to 4' in the out lying areas and higher elevations.  If you're dealing with this also, take your time with the cleanup.  And hopefully your boss has some grace, mercy and common sense with your attendance today.  

Be safe all.

Ron
[Image: A9H1lYP.jpg]

Williamsport, home of the Little League World Series!!! Here in my area of Jersey we got about 6" well below the 10"-17" predicted. Last time we saw that kind of accumulation was around 2010. Be safe!!!

4 454
 12-17-2020, 03:00 PM
User Info
In Southeatern PA, shoveled/scraped ice for 3 hrs today!

69 2,086
 12-18-2020, 11:51 AM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
We were hit with approximately a foot of snow on our side of the street. The wind usually blows snow / leaves to our side.. Amazingly, from out of nowhere, a crew of young people knocked on my door and offered to clear the snow for a fee. I agreed, and 30 minutes later my entire sidewalk, driveway including cars, and both stoops were clean and dry! Awesome work, and worth every $

19 4,789
 12-19-2020, 12:41 PM
User Info
Sorry to hear you folks got hit with such a mess! But very happy that this time it wasn't us in central Maine. Our time is coming though. This time we only got at the very most 1.5" but southern Maine got hit same as you folks did. The cold is definitely here now though. It was 3°F this AM. But the cold just doesn't faze the heat pumps we had installed this past June. It's just amazing the way they work. Who would ever have thought they could strip heat from 3° air? Frankly I thought it was just advertising hype. We bought them for the A/C and got so much more, but I did have hopes for their highly touted heat cycle.

Sorry for the detour. I'm returning it back to your storm thread already in progress.

32 6,609
 12-19-2020, 08:49 PM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(12-19-2020, 12:41 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Sorry to hear you folks got hit with such a mess! But very happy that this time it wasn't us in central Maine. Our time is coming though. This time we only got at the very most 1.5" but southern Maine got hit same as you folks did. The cold is definitely here now though. It was 3°F this AM. But the cold just doesn't faze the heat pumps we had installed this past June. It's just amazing the way they work. Who would ever have thought they could strip heat from 3° air? Frankly I thought it was just advertising hype. We bought them for the A/C and got so much more, but I did have hopes for their highly touted heat cycle.

Sorry for the detour. I'm returning it back to your storm thread already in progress.

Sounds like you found a helluva product there, Brian.

3 degrees. Ouch!

19 4,789