12-28-2020, 06:59 AM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
How do you rinse off the remaining lather after your last pass?

Until now, I used a wash cloth. But, today that has all changed. I now use my shaving brush!

Hey, I have to rinse my brush anyway. So I keep running it under cold water and brush it on my my face until the lather is gone. Sure feels better than a wash cloth.

I’m not trying save time and be efficient—those words are of no interest to me when it comes to shaving. It just feels great. I love those badgers.

Ever tried it?

1 702
 12-28-2020, 07:40 AM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
I might add, that it works better with a Chubby 3 than a Wee Scot.  This technique would be of interest to those of us who like big brushes.

1 702
 12-28-2020, 07:52 AM
  • chazt
  • Life’s too short to use a dull blade!
  • Queens, NY
User Info
An interesting method, David. I use the simple cold water splash followed by a towel pat-down.

19 5,240
 12-28-2020, 07:53 AM
User Info
(12-28-2020, 06:59 AM)David Wrote: How do you rinse off the remaining lather after your last pass?

Until now, I used a wash cloth. But, today that has all changed. I now use my shaving brush!

Hey, I have to rinse my brush anyway. So I keep running it under cold water and brush it on my my face until the lather is gone. Sure feels better than a wash cloth.

I’m not trying save time and be efficient—those words are of no interest to me when it comes to shaving. It just feels great. I love those badgers.

Ever tried it?
I've never tried it. Sounds interesting. I saw a guy on YouTube that likes to squeeze his remaining lather out and rub it over the shaved area for a post shave balm. He left it while cleaning his brush and bowl and razor. I tried it and liked it but I forget to do it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

0 16
 12-28-2020, 08:14 AM
User Info
I just splash water on my face, and never thought about using a brush.

60 11,103
 12-28-2020, 11:41 AM
User Info
Is using the brush for a rinse a bit too much exfoliation and/or wearing on the brush?

69 2,155
 12-28-2020, 01:20 PM
User Info
(12-28-2020, 07:53 AM)wombadom Wrote: I've never tried it.  Sounds interesting.  I saw a guy on YouTube that likes to squeeze his remaining lather out and rub it over the shaved area for a post shave balm.  He left it while cleaning his brush and bowl and razor.  I tried it and liked it but I forget to do it.

I always do that and I quite enjoy this process. I still use aftershave product, but it help my skin quite a bit to leave the lather on my face while I rinse my gears.

0 349
 12-28-2020, 08:20 PM
User Info
(12-28-2020, 07:53 AM)wombadom Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:59 AM)David Wrote: How do you rinse off the remaining lather after your last pass?

Until now, I used a wash cloth.  But, today that has all changed.  I now use my shaving brush!

Hey, I have to rinse my brush anyway.  So I keep running it under cold water and brush it on my my face until the lather is gone.  Sure feels better than a wash cloth.

I’m not trying save time and be efficient—those words are of no interest to me when it comes to shaving.  It just feels great.  I love those badgers.

Ever tried it?
I've never tried it.  Sounds interesting.  I saw a guy on YouTube that likes to squeeze his remaining lather out and rub it over the shaved area for a post shave balm.  He left it while cleaning his brush and bowl and razor.  I tried it and liked it but I forget to do it.

I also squeeze the remaining lather out and leave it over my shaved beard or head while I clean up everything else. I do this every time I shave and my skin really benefits from this. On occasions where I shave both my head and beard, I shave my head first, then leave lather on the shaved head while I shave my beard. This also prevents the head from drying out while I am shaving my beard. Every time I shave my head, I 
shower after the shave. If I shave just my beard and don't have the time to shower, I first wipe the lather off my beard with wet hands, and then just splash cold water. 

I will try the shaving brush rinsing method, as this seems interesting and would be a good use for my Stirling Kong brush, which is otherwise too large for me.

0 183
 12-31-2020, 01:49 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
I just do a hot tap water rinse with my hands.  Then do a cold tap water rinse to tighten it up.  I love a good cold water splash.  After that either an AS or a balm and done.

0 493
 01-22-2021, 06:57 AM
User Info
(12-28-2020, 11:41 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote: Is using the brush for a rinse a bit too much exfoliation and/or wearing on the brush?

I wouldn't worry about brush wear. I've got some vintage brushes that are well used, don't shed a hair, and look like they came off the line yesterday.
Simple cold water splash followed by a pat down with a towel and finally after shave of choice is how I wrap things up.  YMMV

1 90
 01-24-2021, 04:59 PM
User Info

Until now, I used a wash cloth.  But, today that has all changed.  I now use my shaving brush!

Hey, I have to rinse my brush anyway.  So I keep running it under cold water and brush it on my my face until the lather is gone.  Sure feels better than a wash cloth.

I’m not trying save time and be efficient—those words are of no interest to me when it comes to shaving.  It just feels great.  I love those badgers.

Ever tried it?

In the interest o those that have very sensitive skin, my post shave routine includes a warm rinse, a cold rinse with a towel dry patting the face.  Then to make sure I have all the shave soap/cream residue removed from my face, I do a face wash with Noxzema, using cold water to rinse the Noxzema from my face.  This eliminates any irritation that my occur from any remaining shave soap/cream that the two rinses did not remove.

0 5
 01-25-2021, 02:20 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
I find very helpful for my skin issue (dermatitis) to apply the Kneipp Therapy.
Rinsing in two easy steps:
• warm water
• cold water
The first wash off all soap in deep, and set the pH.
The second helps the skin through circulation.

Before using this, I always struggled with alcoholic aftershaves.
Now not more, and I can enjoy lots of nice splashes.

0 2,608