10-02-2012, 05:13 PM
User Info
Hi Gents,

Quick update for tonight.

The new RazoRock Safety Razors have been added to the store, description below...

Quote:Ever since my partner and I plunged into the traditional wet shaving business, one of our quests has been to find a high quality, but low-priced safety razor, to offer our customers. The honest truth is... most men first try their hand at traditional wet shaving because of the economic benefits; it definitely makes a lot of cents (pun intended ;-)) to spend 15-20 pennies on a double-edge blade, rather than 3-5 dollars on a multi-blade cartridge.

The problem was, most good quality safety razors start in the neighbourhood of $30-50, and this is for a “chrome over pot metal” razor. In the days of old, the Gillette safety razors were usually “chrome over brass” and lasted decades. We could of offered a lower quality/lower priced safety razor a long time ago, but that's not how the boys at ItalianBarber and RazoRock do business. We truly care about our customers and we strive to only offer high quality at affordable prices. Well... I'm happy to say, I think we have done it again!

The new RazoRock Safety Razors come in both a Three-Piece design (TP) and a Twist-to-Open (TTO easy load) design. The Twist-to-Open models are chrome over a brass frame, the way it should be! The Three-Piece models sport a chrome over brass handle with a chrome over zinc alloy head. These, my friends, are safety razors the way they use to be made! The best part... we are offering these razors at extremely aggressive prices because we want to show the world that an amazing traditional wet shave can be had with an extremely low budget!

To sweeten the pot even further, we are including a FREE 5-pack of Lord Platinum blades!

This is a happy day here at ItalianBarber.com and RazoRock; I hope we are channelling all our joy and love out to our wonderful customers; we are truly blessed!

Attached Files Image(s)

3 315
 10-02-2012, 05:30 PM
User Info
Thanks, Joe.

That OC model looks especially nice. Can you describe the shave you get with the new razors? What is it you like about the RR razors vs. others you use?

Thanks for the additions.

9 1,199
 10-02-2012, 05:34 PM
User Info
Great looking razors Joe! Nice job!

5 938
 10-02-2012, 06:02 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Sweet looking razors and even sweeter prices!

31 1,510
 10-02-2012, 06:12 PM
User Info
Joe, when you get a chance can you tell us how aggressive or mild these are? My son is getting close to needing his first razor and I'd like to get him one of these if there's a mild one.

0 836
 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM
User Info
(10-02-2012, 05:30 PM)CyanideMetal Wrote: Thanks, Joe.

That OC model looks especially nice. Can you describe the shave you get with the new razors? What is it you like about the RR razors vs. others you use?

Thanks for the additions.

(10-02-2012, 06:12 PM)5Savages Wrote: Joe, when you get a chance can you tell us how aggressive or mild these are? My son is getting close to needing his first razor and I'd like to get him one of these if there's a mild one.

They are awesome shavers. I honestly wouldn't put our name on them, if they weren't.

In term of aggressiveness, I say they fall right between an EJ89 and a Merkur HD (or 3-piece head), for the TO and TTO; the OC is a tad more aggressive.

3 315
 10-02-2012, 06:51 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
New temptations Angry

88 4,233
 10-03-2012, 06:09 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Good luck on the sale Joe. Beautiful razors.

100 12,437
 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM
User Info
They look exactly like the Cadet Razors but at a lower price point. (Must be same OEM)

Thank you for adding a better product description as now it clarifies the question of what material the three piece heads are made from.

I do see a few models that you are offering that Cadet is not, such as the Black Tie, the Faux Ebony DE86 and a few others.

Nice job and great price point!!!

5 833
 10-03-2012, 10:34 AM
User Info
I've got my eye on that open comb!

0 836
 10-03-2012, 10:56 AM
  • Samjax
  • Clearwater, Florida
User Info
Okay...I've got a Cadet Open Comb...not really wanting to buy the exact same razor.

Can anyone confirm that they are the same razor (in regards to the head)?

Thanks

29 466
 10-03-2012, 11:37 AM
User Info
(10-03-2012, 10:56 AM)Samjax Wrote: Okay...I've got a Cadet Open Comb...not really wanting to buy the exact same razor.

Can anyone confirm that they are the same razor (in regards to the head)?

Thanks

I have neither the Cadet nor this razor, however, Joe did confirm that these were coming out of India,and they look very similar to the Cadets, so there is a chance that they are coming from the same factory.

5 938
 10-03-2012, 11:51 AM
  • Johan
  • Barberian of the lathering
  • Sweden
User Info
They look great and have a fantastic price. And they are remarkable alike the Cadet razors i have to say. I´m very happy with what i have for the moment but sure i´m curious about the OC.

0 284
 10-03-2012, 11:57 AM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I would venture to guess that the lower price point from the Cadets is due to a lack of case accompanying them. Nowhere in the description does it mention a case like the Cadets come in.

35 1,732
 10-03-2012, 07:20 PM
User Info
(10-03-2012, 11:57 AM)Tonality Wrote: I would venture to guess that the lower price point from the Cadets is due to a lack of case accompanying them. Nowhere in the description does it mention a case like the Cadets come in.

Actually, if you go on the website and click on a razor, you'll see on the bottom of the description where is says "Packaging" it states that it comes in a hard plastic travel case.

http://www.italianbarber.com/razorock-bl...edge-razor

5 938
 10-03-2012, 07:37 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
(10-03-2012, 07:20 PM)BladeDE40 Wrote:
(10-03-2012, 11:57 AM)Tonality Wrote: I would venture to guess that the lower price point from the Cadets is due to a lack of case accompanying them. Nowhere in the description does it mention a case like the Cadets come in.

Actually, if you go on the website and click on a razor, you'll see on the bottom of the description where is says "Packaging" it states that it comes in a hard plastic travel case.

http://www.italianbarber.com/razorock-bl...edge-razor

Welp, that solves that, thank you! I wonder if it will still say Cadet or will have the RazoRock name on it...

35 1,732
 10-03-2012, 07:51 PM
User Info
I'm guessing the case had to be custom as they are calling it a RazoRock razor and there is no mention of Cadet. I am curious about these.

Anyone get one of these yet...anyone?

5 938
 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM
User Info
The indeed come with a plastic case (blue). The case is not the best in the world, move useful for shipping.

These do indeed look quite similar to some other razors in the marketBiggrin

3 315
 10-05-2012, 04:04 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
Cadet seems to be shave a bucks house branding. The oem supplier probably puts whatever name you want on it.

1 265
 10-06-2012, 12:21 PM
User Info
These are pretty sharp looking. I don't think I'm ready for an OC razor yet, but good to know there's a solid one available at this price point.

10 2,062