10-02-2012, 08:25 PM
User Info
...not sure if this is the right place to post this...

.......but has anyone purchased from Olivia's Hand Made Natural Soap site? they have interesting items...and the prices aren't that bad for Europe.........

......... http://www.olivia-seife.de/index.html

39 1,054
 10-02-2012, 08:37 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
Never tried it or heard of it until just now. A lot of interesting scents, though.

Nice find, by the way. Huge selection of creams, too, and the creams have tallow in them.

10 1,120
 10-03-2012, 12:33 AM
  • SLB04
  • Schalksmühle
User Info
I have tried all 3 variations: hard shaving soap, Crema and Creme de la Creme (which you will find under 'Specials').

I didn't like the hard shaving soap because of poor lather. But there are some guys that enjoy the soap because it's very moisturing and provides a good glide.

The Crema is great. You need to load the brush a while but you get a very cushioning lather. There are some really nice scents like Churchill (reminds me of Blenheim Boquet), Caddy, King Kong or Rolling Stone. Unfortunately the best scent Sarubia is not available. I didn't like the scent Champion.

But definetely the best is the new Creme de la Creme. It's more like croap than like a cream. It is easy to lather and the lather is very dense and creamy. I just didn't like the lavender scent that I purchased but I am sure that she will make this cream with other scents as well.

Olivia is making soaps for many years and has a lot of experience.

1 374
 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
I couldn't help myself, I just ordered seven creams!!

10 1,120
 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM
User Info
(10-03-2012, 01:46 PM)MickToley Wrote: I couldn't help myself, I just ordered seven creams!!

.....wow....!!! ...... let us know how you like them.....

39 1,054
 10-04-2012, 03:51 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(10-03-2012, 03:58 PM)leonidas Wrote:
(10-03-2012, 01:46 PM)MickToley Wrote: I couldn't help myself, I just ordered seven creams!!

.....wow....!!! ...... let us know how you like them.....

I just couldn't take it anymore. All these wonderful scent descriptions + tallow + SLB04 backing them up was all I needed to pull that trigger.

10 1,120
 10-26-2012, 01:06 PM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
Did you receive your creams yet?

I am interested to know what you think of them.

6 235
 10-27-2012, 08:18 AM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(10-26-2012, 01:06 PM)JaDo Wrote: Did you receive your creams yet?

I am interested to know what you think of them.

James, I did receive them. I'll post some pics of lather in a few days to a week. I've been using shave sticks for this month.

10 1,120
 10-28-2012, 01:43 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
I have a couple of Olivia's soaps that have been sitting in a drawer for quite a while...received them in a bundle sale. I didn't know anything about them so I just set them aside and forgot about them.
I'll look forward to Mike's report here and maybe I'll move them into rotation.

52 788
 10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(10-03-2012, 12:33 AM)SLB04 Wrote: I have tried all 3 variations: hard shaving soap, Crema and Creme de la Creme (which you will find under 'Specials').

I didn't like the hard shaving soap because of poor lather. But there are some guys that enjoy the soap because it's very moisturing and provides a good glide.

The Crema is great. You need to load the brush a while but you get a very cushioning lather. There are some really nice scents like Churchill (reminds me of Blenheim Boquet), Caddy, King Kong or Rolling Stone. Unfortunately the best scent Sarubia is not available. I didn't like the scent Champion.

But definetely the best is the new Creme de la Creme. It's more like croap than like a cream. It is easy to lather and the lather is very dense and creamy. I just didn't like the lavender scent that I purchased but I am sure that she will make this cream with other scents as well.

Olivia is making soaps for many years and has a lot of experience.

Persönlich denke ich, dass ihre Seifen ausgezeichnete Hautpflege haben, jedoch sind sie tatsächlich in der Schaum-Abteilung nicht gut. Ich probierte mehrere Varianten - zB, Champion, King Kong, Oakmoss, Bay Rum, und Rolling Stone, und alle diese Seifen hatten dieselben Ergebnisse. Glatte, geschmeidige, und sehr bequeme Haut nach jeder Rasur. Ich denke, dass Geduld notwendig ist, einen guten Schaum zu schlagen.

Alles Gute!

3 2,563
 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM
User Info
Let us know soon how it works out for you, Mike!

I ran across her site a few days ago and was interested in her soaps as well.

2 127
 10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(10-30-2012, 06:32 PM)HiFromAfghanist Wrote: Let us know soon how it works out for you, Mike!

I ran across her site a few days ago and was interested in her soaps as well.

I have no electricity now due to hurricane Sandy, I'm using my brother's computer. As soon as I get electricity back and am able to get to using the cream I'll post some pics.

10 1,120
 10-31-2012, 03:19 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
(10-02-2012, 08:25 PM)leonidas Wrote: ...not sure if this is the right place to post this...

.......but has anyone purchased from Olivia's Hand Made Natural Soap site? they have interesting items...and the prices aren't that bad for Europe.........

No offense Harry, but the last time I listened to you I ordered some Goat Milk Soap and I still haven't gotten the smell out of my nostrils heheBiggrin

Teasing of course!!

116 3,804
 12-21-2012, 04:38 AM
User Info
(10-31-2012, 03:19 PM)Dave Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 08:25 PM)leonidas Wrote: ...not sure if this is the right place to post this...

No offense Harry, but the last time I listened to you I ordered some Goat Milk Soap and I still haven't gotten the smell out of my nostrils heheBiggrin

Teasing of course!!

..ha.....yes!!! it was that sassy goat shaving soap.... i remember you didn't like the look of it.... i still have some and use it in my rotation once in awhile.....

39 1,054
 12-21-2012, 07:28 AM
User Info
I have Olivia's natural shaving cream (soft soap)... although my lathering technique is a bit hit/ miss with this one, it still provides a fantastic shave and it leaves my face feeling great... definitely a keeper in my rotation, as the end product is all that counts.... a face that feels great!!Thumbsup

0 238
 12-21-2012, 08:21 AM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(12-21-2012, 07:28 AM)Str8 Shaver Wrote: I have Olivia's natural shaving cream (soft soap)... although my lathering technique is a bit hit/ miss with this one, it still provides a fantastic shave and it leaves my face feeling great... definitely a keeper in my rotation, as the end product is all that counts.... a face that feels great!!Thumbsup

I have a bunch of these soaps, they need a lot more water than what you're used to.

10 1,120