01-27-2021, 09:31 AM
User Info
Has anyone here ever tried a black shave soap? Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company have a few. The black color comes from activated charcoal. It looks worth a try!!!

0 50
 01-27-2021, 11:52 AM
User Info
I went through two tubs of black soap, with activated charcoal, from Pereira Shavery.  Frankly, the activated charcoal did not contribute anything to the soap other than the color.  I have also gone through several bars of bath soap with activated charcoal, and found no benefit to it.

60 11,032
 01-29-2021, 01:10 AM
User Info
I've also used - and are using - the soap from Pereira, and I think my skin feels smoother than with some other soaps?

Might be confirmation bias though... but I like the soap.

3 7,506
 02-01-2021, 11:52 AM
User Info
I had a black soap from Germany, I think it was a new Speick.

(Looked that up, yes indeed: 

[Image: Speick_black-soap_vegan_natuurlijk_bio_e...e-zeep.jpg]

https://www.dithabonita.nl/wp-content/up...e-zeep.jpg

It did stain my towels and so on though!

0 812
 02-02-2021, 02:40 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
Black soap can be made with several ingredients, over the pigments.

Charcoal is one, and can produce very black soap as the BIB & Tucker Bitter Orange Shaving Cream.
[Image: 8B3sVyH.jpg]
This kind needs a lot of water, has a little scrub benefits to the skin, and gives a gray lather.
[Image: mini] [Image: mini]

Aswell the pure Vanilla Bean extract is black, like the Kell's Original.
[Image: Hj3Nm0z.jpeg]

Dolomite lime is a nice one too, as Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti Black (Beta 4.0 Special Edition 2016).
[Image: iY2Fv1O.jpg]

0 2,605
 02-02-2021, 03:16 AM
User Info
Soap "Svoboda Men Care" with charcoal. I don't recommend it. Personally, for me, this is a common soap, will go for washing hands and washing, but not as for shaving.
[Image: 3auPx.jpg]

0 41