Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power SilverTouch Flexball
with its cartridge with 294 shaves and counting

[Image: Q3QarCp.jpg]

0 2,585
 02-04-2021, 11:09 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
A Mach3 set in a GFT faux ivory handle.  As an aside, we spent a delightful weekend on your beautiful island 3 years ago. Thumbup

9 1,183
 02-04-2021, 12:43 PM
User Info
I used my Plisson stainless steel XL Fusion 5 for the first pass then my Pils Mach 3 for the second pass for a great DFS shave.

25 7,000
 02-05-2021, 11:51 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
(02-04-2021, 12:43 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I used my Plisson stainless steel XL Fusion 5 ...
Sound nice.
I'd like to see it.

0 2,585
 02-05-2021, 11:53 AM
  • ischiapp
User Info
For me this is a double single edge.
An old Classic !!!

0 2,585
 02-05-2021, 07:48 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(02-05-2021, 11:53 AM)ischiapp Wrote: For me this is a double single edge.
An old Classic !!!
http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=...#pid969022[/align]

With all due respect, you are showing apples, apples, apples, when the comparison should be apples to oranges.  

There is one multi-blade razor that is technologically different from, and superior to, generic multi-blade razor 1, generic multi-blde razor 2, etc., etc.  The razors you have referenced are all "apples," and generic.

The Feather MR3 neo cartridges feature a unique system approach to setting up the beard for a clean shave.  Each MR3 neo cartridge contains a perforated metal roller that precedes the blade as the razor is moved across the face, and the effect of the roller is immediately followed with trailing fins that work to hold the hair follicles in position as the blades snicker-snack the whisker off.  No other razor system has addressed the physical dynamics of shaving as thoroughly as the Feather MR3 has.  Every other razor system rests in the shadow (in Japanese, おかげさまで)  of the MR3 neo razor system.

[Image: DsxklVT.jpg]

1 1,473
 02-05-2021, 10:17 PM
User Info
Standard Mach3 turbo

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

0 36
 02-06-2021, 12:22 AM
User Info
(02-05-2021, 07:48 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
An old Classic !!!

With all due respect, you are showing apples, apples, apples, when the comparison should be apples to oranges.  

There is one multi-blade razor that is technologically different from, and superior to, generic multi-blade razor 1, generic multi-blde razor 2, etc., etc.  The razors you have referenced are all "apples," and generic.

The Feather MR3 neo cartridges feature a unique system approach to setting up the beard for a clean shave.  Each MR3 neo cartridge contains a perforated metal roller that precedes the blade as the razor is moved across the face, and the effect of the roller is immediately followed with trailing fins that work to hold the hair follicles in position as the blades snicker-snack the whisker off.  No other razor system has addressed the physical dynamics of shaving as thoroughly as the Feather MR3 has.  Every other razor system rests in the shadow (in Japanese, おかげさまで)  of the MR3 neo razor system.

I owned the Feather MR3 Neo razor and found it awful performance wise.
It couldn’t give me a decent shave.
After 3 passes I had stubble left over my entire face. Reminded me of the Feather AS-D2 DE razor, which also couldn’t cut my stubble even with a new Feather DE blade.

For me Feather razors are pure garbage.
Believe me I gave them a fair chance.

YMMV

25 7,000
 02-06-2021, 08:47 PM
User Info
(02-06-2021, 12:22 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 07:48 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
An old Classic !!!

After 3 passes I had stubble left over my entire face. Reminded me of the Feather AS-D2 DE razor, which also couldn’t cut my stubble even with a new Feather DE blade.

YMMV

I really like the feathers blades. It's the blade that I'm using most of the time, but I have to agree with you about the AS-D2. It's way too much mild for me too. I've gave it plenty of chance and it's just not for me. It's been sitting on the shelf for way too long without any use whatsoever. Should sell it but haven't took to do so yet.

I'm sure someone would likely enjoy it for sure, that's way ymmv from my experience!

0 335
 02-07-2021, 02:55 AM
User Info
(02-06-2021, 08:47 PM)ImJustMe Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 12:22 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 07:48 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote: With all due respect, you are showing apples, apples, apples, when the comparison should be apples to oranges.  

YMMV

I really like the feathers blades. It's the blade that I'm using most of the time, but I have to agree with you about the AS-D2. It's way too much mild for me too. I've gave it plenty of chance and it's just not for me. It's been sitting on the shelf for way too long without any use whatsoever. Should sell it but haven't took to do so yet.

I'm sure someone would likely enjoy it for sure, that's way ymmv from my experience!

I in fact bought the Feather AS-D2 in both the new version and the older version.
Beautiful crafted stainless steel razor, beautiful presentation in the wooden box - awful performance, could never cut my stubble.
I remember people advising me to use different angles to make the razor cut better.
Well I tried all angles known to mankind and yet it still performed like pure garbage.
Then I bought the new AS-D2, we’re back in 2013-2014 here, and still with new Feather blades, KAI blades, Personna you name it I’ve tried it, it couldn’t cut my stubble.
I could then switch to another brand DE razor and in literally a 60 second pass WTG my stubble would be almost totally gone.

Same with this Feather cartridge razor.
Utter useless for me, can’t cut my stubbles worth a dime, I can then switch to one of my 6 trusty Plisson/Edwin Jagger/Mühle/ Fusion 5 cartridge razors, and in one 60 second pass WTG my stubbles are 90% removed.

Feather razors just don’t work on my type of face/stubble type.

25 7,000
 02-08-2021, 12:32 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Nice diagram/explanation of the MR3.  I did get better shaves compared to my Gillette Mach 3.  I gradually moved to DE shaving with technique improvements. I should (and will) dust  off my old MR3.

17 969
 02-10-2021, 07:08 AM
User Info
(02-05-2021, 11:51 AM)ischiapp Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 12:43 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I used my Plisson stainless steel XL Fusion 5 ...
Sound nice.
I'd like to see it.

I’m not much for setting up shaving gear in beautiful positions and all that.
Sorry.
But here are my 6 Fusion and 6 Mach 3 razors - Plisson, Mühle, Pils, Edwin Jagger and more.

[Image: afdbcc3b2709dfc3c6900e6025e270fb.jpg]

25 7,000
 02-13-2021, 05:18 AM
  • ischiapp
User Info
(02-10-2021, 07:08 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: I’m not much for setting up shaving gear in beautiful positions and all that.
Sorry.
No problems.
All that beauties speak for themselves.
Wink

Love the Wilde & Harte design.
The Apsley is a modern classic.
The Osterley is very classy.
You missed the Eltham for the all-in.
Tongue

0 2,585
 02-13-2021, 05:21 AM
  • ischiapp
User Info
My most minimal setup.
But anyway traditional.
Speaking of being in a hurry ...

0 2,585
 02-13-2021, 02:36 PM
User Info
(02-13-2021, 05:18 AM)ischiapp Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 07:08 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: I’m not much for setting up shaving gear in beautiful positions and all that.
Sorry.
No problems.
All that beauties speak for themselves.
Wink

Love the Wilde & Harte design.
The Apsley is a modern classic.
The Osterley is very classy.
You missed the Eltham for the all-in.
Tongue

WoW, you know your cart razors !!

But you’ve mixed up the Wilde & Harte razors.

I own the Eltham Fusion and the Apsley Mach 3.

25 7,000
 02-13-2021, 04:07 PM
  • ischiapp
User Info
(02-13-2021, 02:36 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: But you’ve mixed up the Wilde & Harte razors.
Next time do your best with the pic ... and I'll make it better.
Anyway, one is missing.
Wink

0 2,585
 02-13-2021, 08:52 PM
User Info
(02-13-2021, 04:07 PM)ischiapp Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 02:36 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: But you’ve mixed up the Wilde & Harte razors.
Next time do your best with the pic ... and I'll make it better.
Anyway, one is missing.
Wink

Exactly the reason why I don’t mess with the enabling model photos of ‘shave of the day’ photos Gentlemen post in here.

I’m too much of a perfectionist - so I would take too long to post these photos.

The photo of my little Fusion & Mach 3 collection was taken by my wife with a lousy mobile phone camera :-)

FYI I avoided the Osterly Wilde & Harte, because the lower part of the handle feels too thin for my preferences, so you won’t find the Osterly in my collection ever, so one is not missing - I don’t miss it at all ;-)

25 7,000
 02-14-2021, 02:08 AM
  • ischiapp
User Info
(02-13-2021, 08:52 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: FYI I avoided the Osterly Wilde & Harte, because the lower part of the handle feels too thin for my preferences ...
Good point.
Thanks for sharing.

0 2,585
 03-12-2021, 05:21 AM
  • ischiapp
User Info
The Provember challenge continues ...

Gillette Fusion5 Power
[Image: UQi4S3l.jpg]

0 2,585