02-05-2021, 05:00 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
So,, do TTOs and 3 piece razors have a different feel? Beyond of course, the physical difference in construction, function and relative use. I’m talking more about the feel of my skin, post shave. Pardon my choice of word, but faceturbation after each shave feels somehow, different. My skin feels rounder - listen, if EVH had brown tone, my skin can feel round. But I digress... call me crazy (go ahead, I’ll wait),, there is a difference. My perceptions seem repetitive over time. I enjoy both styles of razor, but tbh in the last three or four years I have developed a decided preference for three piece razors. They tend to be sleeker and easier to maneuver for me. Currently, well over 90% of my shaves are with a 3 piece. Previously I had a great love affair with Red Tips. Collected and sold a few. Now down to one. I have two other TTOs, an E1 SS and a long handle Super Adjustable. OTOH, I have just shy of a dozen 3 piece razors, all of which are used, with a few that tend to get the lion’s share of use. So anyway, my point is, I now use TTOs relatively infrequently. When I do, I perceive a difference in post shave face feel. My skin feels rounder.

You?

20 5,603
 02-05-2021, 05:20 PM
User Info
(02-05-2021, 05:00 PM)chazt Wrote: So,, do TTOs and 3 piece razors have a different feel? Beyond of course, the physical difference in construction, function and relative use. I’m talking more about the feel of my skin, post shave. Pardon my choice of word, but faceturbation after each shave feels somehow, different. My skin feels rounder - listen, if EVH had brown tone, my skin can feel round. But I digress... call me crazy (go ahead, I’ll wait),, there is a difference. My perceptions seem repetitive over time. I enjoy both styles of razor, but tbh in the last three or four years I have developed a decided preference for three piece razors. They tend to be sleeker and easier to maneuver for me. Currently, well over 90% of my shaves are with a 3 piece. Previously I had a great love affair with Red Tips. Collected and sold a few. Now down to one. I have two other TTOs, an E1 SS and a long handle Super Adjustable. OTOH, I have just shy of a dozen 3 piece razors, all of which are used, with a few that tend to get the lion’s share of use. So anyway, my point is, I now use TTOs relatively infrequently. When I do, I perceive a difference in post shave face feel. My skin feels rounder.

You?

I only have one TTO and it is a cheap Baili so maybe not a fair comparison. I have noticed, not sure if it is the 3 piece or the quality, but I have had the best feel and maneuverability with my new Timeless and Blackland. Especially under my nose. Great feel. I'll have to note my face feel afterward and try the TTO again. Using a cheaper 3 piece tomorrow. Will have to note how it feels and maneuvers compared to the Timeless and Blackland.

5 790
 02-05-2021, 11:50 PM
User Info
A TTO will - as a general rule - have a thicker head than a 3 piece... but I've noticed a larger variation in "feel" between my various 3 piece razors and between the couple of TTOs I got, than I have noticed between the two systems.

3 7,691
 02-06-2021, 12:18 AM
User Info
Between 3 piece razors and TTO razors, I chose  3 piece..., I had one TTO razor and I categorically did not like it... Nono

0 41
 02-06-2021, 05:06 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I use both and yes, TTOs are sleeker, easier to use say, close to the nostrils but I have no preference or " problems " with either.

9 2,903
 02-06-2021, 07:21 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Thanks for your replies, Sirs. I’ve a question. Does your post shave skin feel “different” after using a TTO compared to a 3 piece? That’s the crux of my biscuit, as FZ would say.

20 5,603
 02-13-2021, 05:52 AM
User Info
(02-06-2021, 05:06 AM)Mouser Wrote: I use both and yes, TTOs are sleeker, easier to use say, close to the nostrils but I have no preference or " problems " with either.
Did you mean to say 3 pieces are sleeker? I find they have lower profile heads, and are "easier" to wedge under my big schnozola...
Still I just love my TTOs... no muss no fuss. I find my 3pcs shave drastically different depending on how much I torque down the handle.

1 105
 02-13-2021, 11:22 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(02-13-2021, 05:52 AM)Old School TSD Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 05:06 AM)Mouser Wrote: I use both and yes, TTOs are sleeker, easier to use say, close to the nostrils but I have no preference or " problems " with either.
Did you mean to say 3 pieces are sleeker? I find they have lower profile heads, and are "easier" to wedge under my big schnozola...
Still I just love my TTOs... no muss no fuss. I find my 3pcs shave drastically different depending on how much I torque down the handle.

Yes that's what I meant and no, I find no difference in my post shave feel. Well, except for when I occasionally use my Blue Tip, and it's  still acceptable.

9 2,903