02-08-2021, 08:01 PM
User Info
Hi Gents.

Who can possibly have a case of the "Mondays" when armed with such a specimen? :-) I enjoyed some afternoon writing today with my Esterbrook Double Jewel, inked with Noodler's Golden Brown. This was the first fountain pen I ever owned. It was solid find (about 10 years ago) as the ink bladder was intact and 100% functional. I did have to replace the nib through as the tines on the original were damaged. I like this medium Rite Smooth Nib as it provides a ton of feedback with very little flex.

What are you writing with today?

[Image: GUaaqpC.jpg]

71 2,243
 02-10-2021, 04:26 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
Very nice Jeremy!

Since teaching has moved to almost 100% virtual (for my school district) I rarely use my fountain pens.   When I use a fountain pen the one that sees the most use is a Wality Airmail pen.  I replaced the nib with a Schaffer nib years ago.  The nicer nib combined with the large ink capacity made for a great pen while I was in college.

12 2,433
 02-10-2021, 03:24 PM
User Info
(02-10-2021, 04:26 AM)Sully Wrote: Very nice Jeremy!

Since teaching has moved to almost 100% virtual (for my school district) I rarely use my fountain pens.   When I use a fountain pen the one that sees the most use is a Wality Airmail pen.  I replaced the nib with a Schaffer nib years ago.  The nicer nib combined with the large ink capacity made for a great pen while I was in college.

Thanks! I imagine things are different now with virtual teaching for sure. Sounds like a great pen though! I try and make the time to journal, etc to get in a little writing on a regular basis.

71 2,243
 02-10-2021, 04:59 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I've tried journaling but I never stick with it.

12 2,433