02-14-2021, 11:42 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
We have dropped our Geo Trumper prices even further and are selling way below our cost. We just want it gone. Shave soap bowls for $10.00, refills for $5.00 and other equally insane price drops on all remaining Geo Trumper stock. Check it out

Here

[Image: XG2UA10.jpg]

54 21,848
 02-14-2021, 05:46 PM
User Info
I have never used Geo Trumper before so I picked dup the almond and lilac soaps. I also picked up the Fine Green and Fresh Vetiver before they go away. Look forward to the Green Vetiver I have never smelled it. I have a sample for he Fresh Vetiver and I like it.

2 370
 02-14-2021, 06:25 PM
User Info
GFT shaving creams are very good unless they reformulated it for the worse since I bought mine 5-6 years ago.

The GFT shaving soaps unfortunately performed very poor for me, bought 2 of them back in 2013/2014. I hope they have been reformulated to a better quality.

25 6,985
 02-14-2021, 06:26 PM
User Info
(02-14-2021, 05:46 PM)Mike Distress Wrote: I have never used Geo Trumper before so I picked dup the almond and lilac soaps. I also picked up the Fine Green and Fresh Vetiver before they go away. Look forward to the Green Vetiver I have never smelled it. I have a sample for he Fresh Vetiver and I like it.

Mike, you may have gotten the last of the Fresh Vetiver, as it's now sold out.  Both the Green Vetiver and Fresh Vetiver are discontinued, so you did well buying now.

At $10.00, the Trumper soaps are a bargain for just the nice wood bowl.

60 10,803
 02-14-2021, 06:27 PM
User Info
(02-14-2021, 06:25 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: GFT shaving creams are very good unless they reformulated it for the worse since I bought mine 5-6 years ago.

The GFT shaving soaps unfortunately performed very poor for me, bought 2 of them back in 2013/2014. I hope they have been reformulated to a better quality.

For the price they were worth the shot. Hopefully they perform well.

2 370
 02-14-2021, 06:41 PM
User Info
(02-14-2021, 06:26 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 05:46 PM)Mike Distress Wrote: I have never used Geo Trumper before so I picked dup the almond and lilac soaps. I also picked up the Fine Green and Fresh Vetiver before they go away. Look forward to the Green Vetiver I have never smelled it. I have a sample for he Fresh Vetiver and I like it.

Mike, you may have gotten the last of the Fresh Vetiver, as it's now sold out.  Both the Green Vetiver and Fresh Vetiver are discontinued, so you did well buying now.

Agreed. That bowl is nice.
If I was in the USA I would buy 3-4 soaps just for the bowl.

25 6,985
 02-14-2021, 07:02 PM
User Info
(02-14-2021, 06:41 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:

Agreed. That bowl is nice.
If I was in the USA I would buy 3-4 soaps just for the bowl.
I can always use the bowls. When I started and finished a soap/cream, I never saved the containers. Now I could use some I only have one.

2 370
 02-14-2021, 07:04 PM
User Info

I definitely had the get the Fine products. I am a big fan of their splashes. It was a great opportunity to try the Trumper soaps and I liked the bowls. I agree on the bargain just for the bowls.

2 370
 02-14-2021, 07:30 PM
User Info
I ordered the almond shave soap just for the bowl.  The soap I will either PIF or it will become a bath soap.

60 10,803
 02-18-2021, 03:08 PM
User Info
(02-14-2021, 07:30 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I ordered the almond shave soap just for the bowl.  The soap I will either PIF or it will become a bath soap.

I got mine today and the bowl alone was worth the money and the violet smells fantastic. The Green Vetiver smells nice and almost familiar. I will see how it is once I use it.

2 370
 02-18-2021, 09:05 PM
User Info
(02-18-2021, 03:08 PM)Mike Distress Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 07:30 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I ordered the almond shave soap just for the bowl.  The soap I will either PIF or it will become a bath soap.

I got mine today and the bowl alone was worth the money and the violet smells fantastic. The Green Vetiver smells nice and almost familiar. I will see how it is once I use it.

I'm waiting for a Trumper Eucris in a black bowl.  Trumper soaps have always had fine scents.  The issue with the latest reformulation is that it won't lather well for some guys.  However, as you point out, the bowl alone is worth the BullGoose sale price.

60 10,803
 02-19-2021, 01:56 AM
User Info
The hard soaps are still unlatherable, you can try but it dissipates almost instantly. Best to use the puck in the bath/shower and refill with your favourite equivalent scent from another brand... Wickham's Parma Violet is a good alternative.

For better or worse Trumper's are doggedly sticking with the old British Empire maxim "never apologise, never explain" and so flatly refuse to acknowledge there is an issue with their soaps even after all these years. A very old fashioned company as evidenced by the way they handled the ivory fiasco back in 2006... A tourist reported them to the police for selling genuine ivory handled brushes and glove stretchers, to which they pled guilty with no explanation or apology, accepted the £10,000 fine and subsequently lost their Royal warrant. They quietly took it on the chin, picked themselves up and carried on.

Claus, the creams are still first rate, last year they released Eucris and Spanish leather in 200g pots.

4 387
 02-20-2021, 11:19 AM
User Info
I used the Trumper soap today. I thought it was really difficult to lather. Then I realized there was a little plastic over the soap. User error. I lathered a second time and got a good lather but maybe could be better. I will use it again and see how it fares using it properly. My first pass the lather was very thin but the pass was still comfortable. It is harder than most soaps I have used so I will need to send a few shaves with it and adjust accordingly. I have no experience with the older formulations so have no basis for comaprison. Scent is fantastic.

2 370
 02-20-2021, 11:22 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(02-20-2021, 11:19 AM)Mike Distress Wrote: I used the Trumper soap today. I thought it was really difficult to lather. Then I realized there was a little plastic over the soap. User error. I lathered a second time and got a good lather but maybe could be better. I will use it again and see how it fares using it properly. My first pass the lather was very thin but the pass was still comfortable. It is harder than most soaps I have used so I will need to send a few shaves with it and adjust accordingly. I have no experience with the older formulations so have no basis for comaprison. Scent is fantastic.

Biggrin I did the same thing the first time that I used Trumper soap.

54 21,848
 02-21-2021, 12:28 PM
User Info
(02-20-2021, 11:22 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 11:19 AM)Mike Distress Wrote: I used the Trumper soap today. I thought it was really difficult to lather. Then I realized there was a little plastic over the soap. User error. I lathered a second time and got a good lather but maybe could be better. I will use it again and see how it fares using it properly. My first pass the lather was very thin but the pass was still comfortable. It is harder than most soaps I have used so I will need to send a few shaves with it and adjust accordingly. I have no experience with the older formulations so have no basis for comaprison. Scent is fantastic.

Biggrin I did the same thing the first time that I used Trumper soap.

Whew! Glad I'm not alone. Haha! I was like, "Damn, I'm working really, really hard and not getting much." I'm going to use it again next shave and see. Once I figured it out I got a good lather. We'll how well it works for me from the start. I have bottle of Agustin Reyes Royal Violets on the way which I think is going to pair well with the Trumper.

2 370