02-23-2021, 09:43 AM
User Info
This morning I tested the Razorock lupo SS dc, 0.72 oc on one side and 0.95 sb on the other. = Accessories:

-Wizamet Super Iridium Sheet - Ethos Lavender Soap (also tested for the first time - excellent) - Antica Barbieria Colla Aftershave Lotion “Red Sandal Aftershave Milk” (excellent, but also slightly more expensive).
The beard was two days old (I usually shave every other day, but when I shave I like it very smooth).
As for the direction of the hair, I started with the oc.72 which worked very well. For the opposite direction, I used sb .95 and found it very useful. Eventually, I went out feeling very comfortable. I find the razor more fluid and efficient than the g.c. .84. Compared to my Timeless .95 sb (which is still my favorite), I found it shaved just as easily and effectively. But I have to wait until tomorrow to feel the regrowth and make a more informed decision, and also shave again to see if the skin is disturbed. Now I am very happy to have purchased it and I believe it will surely remain in my possession along with a few others.

Giovanni

0 3
 02-23-2021, 05:11 PM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Thanks for the review, Giovanni. You make a good point about waiting to evaluate the shave until the following day.

19 4,861
 04-03-2021, 05:26 AM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Is it razor sharp? Works for me..
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
It’s a real good razor. Quality of craftsmanship is up there with some of the best and the shave is right up there as well. Not a lot of talk about the Lupo SS series of razors here in this forum but, elsewhere this razor has created quite a stir and has overwhelmingly garnered positive results from the far majority of users in wet shave land. I’ve had nothing but great results with the .95 sb version and the last 2 shaves have been with a Feather blade. Nothing short of excellence. It’s the real deal and for your money, there isn’t anyone else that even comes close to it on this planet....

[Image: ivFIZOb.jpg]

[Image: bg12rYw.jpg]

1 344
 04-03-2021, 02:15 PM
  • Nero
User Info
I've used and still own the DLC, .73 SB, and .95 SB... I still think the Aluminum is the best.

(... Even though I want to like the steel ones better.)

99 4,181
 04-03-2021, 05:41 PM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
(04-03-2021, 02:15 PM)Nero Wrote: I've used and still own the DLC, .73 SB, and .95 SB... I still think the Aluminum is the best.

I can’t offer any form of rebuttal to your statement as I’ve never shaved with the RR Alum Lupo. I’m not the biggest fan of aluminum made razors but, I do like the shaves from 2 that I own the Timeless Aluminum & PAA Ascension Twist. In relation to these 2 razors the Lupo SS .95 performs substantially better in shave performance, for me at least.

Would you happen to have the specs on the Aluminum Lupo? Weight, blade gap, negative/positive/neutral blade exposure? Thanks and happy shaves.....

1 344
 04-04-2021, 05:39 AM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
Wrapped up shave a little over an hour ago and nothing out of the ordinary. Again, just a smooth 2 pass shave with a slight buff on the chin & corners of the stache. I maintain a mustache so, I don’t shave that area but, if I did, this razor would be nearly perfect for that spot. Extremely low profile head that gives the Lupo SS excellent maneuverability that inspires confidence unless of course, you’re all thumbs. Then only providence or The Almighty can provide you with a comforting solution. Or, just grow a beard. 

So far the Lupo .95/Feather combination is as formidable a combination as any razor that I’ve shaved with to date that does NOT feel intimidating nor ferocious by any stretch of the imagination, just an excellent melding of efficiency & smoothness. If you look at the pic, you can see a bit of blade reveal/exposure with a decent gap between the guard & blade. Don’t pay any mind to that as that is just the angle at which the pic was taken. Looks like a Tiger but, purrs like a putty-tat. I’ll run this blade out until it gives up the ghost and unto the KAI.

Happy Shaves & Happy Easter/Passover to all..... 

[Image: UxyG7Fw.jpg]

1 344
 04-04-2021, 05:56 AM
  • Nero
User Info
(04-03-2021, 05:41 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 02:15 PM)Nero Wrote: I've used and still own the DLC, .73 SB, and .95 SB... I still think the Aluminum is the best.

I can’t offer any form of rebuttal to your statement as I’ve never shaved with the RR Alum Lupo. I’m not the biggest fan of aluminum made razors but, I do like the shaves from 2 that I own the Timeless Aluminum & PAA Ascension Twist. In relation to these 2 razors the Lupo SS .95 performs substantially better in shave performance, for me at least.

Would you happen to have the specs on the Aluminum Lupo? Weight, blade gap, negative/positive/neutral blade exposure? Thanks and happy shaves.....
Sorry, I don't know all the numbers.... It just works.
Been using it almost exclusively (99% of the time) since it came out a couple years ago. It works so well, I have no interest in trying out other razors any more.

99 4,181
 04-05-2021, 03:43 PM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
Shave 4 with the Feather & Lupo combo and it was a fine one indeed. Unfortunately, on the ATG pass, it started to get a bit tuggy so, I knew the Feather didn‘t have much left (Feathers are great in sharpness and their ability to cut even the densest of hairs. Longevity though is among the lowest of the low. Shame really for the premium price tag). Anyways, I finessed the rest of the shave and still managed a BBS finish though, I did get some feisty growling from the Alum Bar pass on a couple of spots and the splash was a bit more livelier. I put the final results on me, no blame on the razor or blade. I just rolled the dice there and took a slight loss on end result comfort. But, the irritation gremlins were gone in less than 30 mins. 

Overall, the Feather & Lupo are a dream combination that gives superb results against some big hitters in the same class (Timeless SS .95, H&S PO76Ti, GC .84 sb/oc & Jaws, Carbon Cx-Ti). Shave 1 was very good, shaves 2 & 3 were darn near perfection. Problem here is that the shaves are limited with the Feather and that’s no fault of the razor at all. If I could get a weeks worth of shaves from them, I’d be happier than a pig in poop on a warm spring morning.

Well, it’s unto the KAI blade for the next shave. Looking forward to that pairing.

Happy shaves to all.....
[Image: PYNE4Li.jpg]

1 344
 04-08-2021, 03:08 PM
  • SteelyEdge
  • Northeast, USA
User Info
Yeeaaaaaahhh..... Fantastic shave. The KAI & Lupo .95 just brought it today On their first shave pairing. Couldn’t get my shave in sooner as work & schedule played a role in pushing things back. But, man this was a stellar shave. Blade feel was ramped up ever so slightly yet, it still maintained a cool smoothness & efficiency that was right on. A 2 pass shave with 2 1/2 days of beard growth and a slight touch up on the corners. Finito. A very impressive shave outing that shaved about as good as my Timeless .95 SB but, just a hair under in smoothness and comfort. No nics, cuts, weepers or irritation to speak of. Not bad at all for a sub-$100 razor. We’ll see how it goes on consecutive shave days with this combo....

Happy shaves......  Shaving

[Image: jKY5uPy.jpg]

[Image: NFcPcZ5.jpg]

1 344
 04-08-2021, 06:45 PM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
The Game Changer .84 is my daily shaver. I must say that I'm quite intrigued by the results that are being shared here.

Dang it. I thought I really was done trying razors.

68 1,973
 04-09-2021, 05:59 AM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Been following this thread. Like MaxP, I am intrigued by the reviews.

I am lucky to own a DLC Lupo and three Game Changers (.68 SB and OC, .84 SB). The .84 gets the least use, as when I want the extra close, bbs shave I usually use my Asylum Evolution. The .68 Game Changers are smooth but not very efficient, although the OC is definitely more efficient than the SB. The .68 GCs are “auto-pilot” razors. I can use them half asleep and not worry about irritation, nicks, etc. The .84 SB confounds me. I want to love it, but I often wind up with nicks when shaving with this one. Clearly I must modify my technique with it. The DLC Lupo is not quite as smooth for me compared to the Game Changers. Otoh, I find it to be a near perfect medium for a DE blade. It doesn’t color the shave at all. It merely presents the blade to my face and provides a bbs shave with two passes every time.

I’d be interested in knowing if the new .72 SS Lupo is similar in that regard. Pretty sure the .95 will likely be “too much” for me.

Thank you.

19 4,861