03-12-2021, 07:43 AM
  • Wayjr
  • Kennesaw, GA
User Info
Fellow Shavers,
Summer is knocking on the door which means hotter temperatures. Do you switch to a more refreshing, lighter scent in the summer? If so, what scents do you switch to? I will be getting a jar of captains
choice lime or trumpers grapefruit.

0 69
 03-12-2021, 09:13 AM
User Info
(03-12-2021, 07:43 AM)Wayjr Wrote: Fellow Shavers,
Summer is knocking on the door which means hotter temperatures. Do you switch to a more refreshing, lighter scent in the summer? If so, what scents do you switch to? I will be getting a jar of captains
choice lime or trumpers grapefruit.

Great topic. My policy is to not use citrus scents after Sept 20 not before March 21.  But given our mild winter and early spring weather in Spokane this year, as an exception to policy, I initiated use of spring/summer aftershaves and EDTs about a week ago.

In no particular order these are my favorites:

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet - I fortunately obtained the entire suite from hand soap through talcum before it went out of production; the AS is superb
DR Harris Arlington - again the entire suite from pre-shave through talcum
Christian Dior's Eau Sauvage - shaving cream, aftershave and EdT; yes the scent is fleeting but wonderful while it lasts and then one can reapply through the day
Acqua Di Parma Colonia - dopo barba, balsamo and EdT; pure bliss with SV Felce Aromatica or Boellis Panama 1924 shaving soaps
Ach Brito Agua de Colonia - sold as cologne ($22 for 200ml) but makes a delightful, refreshing aftershave that I prefer to its more common Lavenda cousin
Crabtree & Evelyn Sevillian Neroli Cologne - a real sleeper and out of production but readily available NOS on that auction site; usable as a splash, the neroli scent is sublime

There are some others but those are the best.

Fun facts for "authenticity" buffs:  Blenheim Bouquet, which originated in 1902, is said to be a favorite of Winston Churchill ; Acqua De Parma Colonia dates from 1916 and is said to have been a favorite of Cary Grant; Eau Sauvage originated in 1966 and is said to be a favorite of Steve McQueen.  I feel in good company when I use these products.

YMMV

0 56
 03-13-2021, 07:44 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
I bought a container of Citrus soap from Razor Emporium recently.  I love the scent.  Only used it a few times to try it out.  My plan is to use it as a mainstay for the warmer months here in PA, USA.  I figure when May rolls around it'll be in the main rotation.

0 397
 03-13-2021, 09:08 PM
User Info
Summer? It’s not even spring!

36 2,187
 03-14-2021, 12:30 AM
User Info
SV Cubebe, Epsilon Blue, B&M Seville, Cool, Zingari Wanderer, MT Cool menthol etc

Sent from my V2040 using Tapatalk

4 1,360
 03-14-2021, 05:06 AM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
(03-13-2021, 09:08 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Summer? It’s not even spring!

Really getting into the Spring Forward mindset I guess.

0 397
 03-14-2021, 07:21 AM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info