03-14-2021, 08:57 AM
  • Wayjr
  • Kennesaw, GA
User Info
I’ll be getting some more blades within the next couple of weeks and would like some help/ information. I don’t see any difference between personna lab blues and med preps, except the labeling.
Can you please educate me about these blades? Which do you prefer? What’s the difference, etc.? Thanks.

0 69
 03-14-2021, 10:24 AM
User Info
Following...

Sent from my V2040 using Tapatalk

4 1,360
 03-14-2021, 11:13 AM
User Info
No experience with Lab Blues but I really like Persona Med Preps.  Nearly as sharp as a Feather but much smoother, especially on the first shave.  I use them a lot.

They come in boxes of 100 or 250.  Be sure to shop around for price as it varies tremendously from one source to another.

I stockpiled mine awhile back at about $30 for 100 as I recall.  A quick Google check just now for "Persona medical prep razor blades" them offered as high as $45 for 100 at an online shaving retailer but only $25 for 100 or $45 for 250 from a medical supply house.  Didn't bother to check shipping and tax details but that's quite a spread.

0 55
 03-14-2021, 07:13 PM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I use and enjoy both. For me, the Med Preps are smoother and remain smoother for up to 3-4 shaves. The lab blues are good for 2-3 shaves, tops - often only 1-2 and then they’re banked. The Lab Blues are exceptional in my Asylum Evolution on 2-3 (or more) days’ growth. The med preps work great in my old techs. Fwiw, I find the Israeli Personnas combine some of the characteristics of the American made blades, and add a touch more smooth to the shave. They are my favorite of all. Robbins seems to have the sharpest price on Med preps. Last time I looked, Connaught still had IPs available.

19 4,798
 03-16-2021, 09:52 AM
User Info
I’ve only used the Lab Blue blades.
I’ve always believed that the Blues and Meds are the same blade, but the Blues are “comfort coated” and the Meds are not.

[Image: BYZKoBZ.jpg][Image: zfA2zoB.jpg]

8 269
 03-16-2021, 09:58 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I have probably used 175 Med Preps and 10 Lab Blues.  I never really did a scientific comparison.

However, I felt the Med Preps were smoother, good for 5 shaves or more and possibly sharper.  I somehow thought there was an additional coating or process on the Med Preps.  Happy with the blades.

17 969