03-18-2021, 10:57 AM
User Info
Hey! I was wondering if anybody who's used both, or even just the rocnel, could give a review of it. Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

0 72
 03-18-2021, 11:29 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(03-18-2021, 10:57 AM)FayizD Wrote: Hey! I was wondering if anybody who's used both, or even just the rocnel, could give a review of it. Thanks!!

If reviewing the Rocnel, it would be important to note which model year. Murat changes it considerably each year. The 2021 model has not yet been released.

54 21,897
 03-18-2021, 02:17 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I have owned a Rex Ambassador but for me the combination feel - Effectiveness during shaves was not good enough to keep it, however the new owner was very happy with it.

I read some reviews of the sailor 2020 version from people who's opinion I hold in high regard (they seem to have a similar taste in razors) and decided to contact Murat for a order. Had to wait a week or two as they where being assembled at that moment. Very good communication with the maker I must say.

Took less then 48 hours from Turkey to Belgium. Beautiful package, best I have seen so far. I owned the Sailor gold ring first gen but this is certainly a big improvement.

Until now never found a adjustable that I really liked a lot and I've tried many. Visually it's a jewel (although a few of my shaving friends find it over the top and ugly because of it's massiveness and weight).

The balance is good (much better than a Pils for instance), it's heavy and massive but I had no problem in areas like under the nose and such. Started at stand 1 and upped that every next shave, I kept the stand the same during the whole 3 pass shave during the test phase.

Since I've gone thru all stands up to twice around the dot, for me all stands are useable although for me personally stands 2 up to 6 will be the most used. Still experimenting what gives the best result, going up thru the settings after each pass or going down.

Only once did I draw a little bit of blood on stand 8, with the big opening the corner of the Feather blade hooked my earlobe a bit.

The Sailor 2020 will get a place among my favourite razors (Paradigm, Raw shaving, Blackland, ....). Like several others I would love a Titanium version. The high price is already forgotten because the pleasure I get out of it

39 1,634
 03-18-2021, 08:25 PM
User Info
I know many people love the Rex Ambassador. For me I sold mine. I had 3 different Rex's and they all had drag. The Sailor 2020 is in another class. But also it's 2+ times the price as the Rex. It is my favorite razor along with the WR2. My other favorite adjustable isxthe Homelike Taiga. Same price as Rex but found it much smoother and just as efficient. There is no better or worse, everyone has different preferences. Whatever works for you is the best.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

32 1,021
 03-19-2021, 08:26 AM
User Info
(03-18-2021, 11:29 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 10:57 AM)FayizD Wrote: Hey! I was wondering if anybody who's used both, or even just the rocnel, could give a review of it. Thanks!!

If reviewing the Rocnel, it would be important to note which model year. Murat changes it considerably each year. The 2021 model has not yet been released.
Thanks! I'm looking into the 2021 version on your website

0 72
 03-19-2021, 08:27 AM
User Info
(03-18-2021, 08:25 PM)rawfox1 Wrote: O know many people love the Rex Ambassador. For me I sold mine. I had 3 different Rex's and they all had drag. The Sailor 2020 is in another class. But also it's 2+ times the price as the Rex. It is my favorite razor along with the WR2. My other favorite adjustable isxthe Homelike Taiga. Same price as Rex but found it much smoother and just as efficient. There is no better or worse, everyone has different preferences. Whatever works for you is the best.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I love my rex and almost solely use it but this looks amazing and I want it lol

0 72
 03-19-2021, 08:28 AM
User Info
(03-18-2021, 02:17 PM)Snuff Wrote: I have owned a Rex Ambassador but for me the combination feel - Effectiveness during shaves was not good enough to keep it, however the new owner was very happy with it.

I read some reviews of the sailor 2020 version from people who's opinion I hold in high regard (they seem to have a similar taste in razors) and decided to contact Murat for a order. Had to wait a week or two as they where being assembled at that moment. Very good communication with the maker I must say.

Took less then 48 hours from Turkey to Belgium. Beautiful package, best I have seen so far. I owned the Sailor gold ring first gen but this is certainly a big improvement.

Until now never found a adjustable that I really liked a lot and I've tried many. Visually it's a jewel (although a few of my shaving friends find it over the top and ugly because of it's massiveness and weight).

The balance is good (much better than a Pils for instance), it's heavy and massive but I had no problem in areas like under the nose and such. Started at stand 1 and upped that every next shave, I kept the stand the same during the whole 3 pass shave during the test phase.

Since I've gone thru all stands up to twice around the dot, for me all stands are useable although for me personally stands 2 up to 6 will be the most used. Still experimenting what gives the best result, going up thru the settings after each pass or going down.

Only once did I draw a little bit of blood on stand 8, with the big opening the corner of the Feather blade hooked my earlobe a bit.

The Sailor 2020 will get a place among my favourite razors (Paradigm, Raw shaving, Blackland, ....). Like several others I would love a Titanium version. The high price is already forgotten because the pleasure I get out of it
Thanks for your thorough response!

0 72