03-18-2021, 01:07 PM
User Info
Finally dredged up the courage to try these. Knowing full well that they are not making their own blades, I was still apprehensive. I'm sure they are made by some blade manufacturer. It was discussed in this thread. http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=61492 I have to say, for the most part they shaved quite good. Close, no drag, and smooth. I did however get 3 nicks. I rarely get nicked at all. Not sure if it is the fault of the blade or what. I used my Timeless 0.38 Bronze and K Shave Work soap. I don't likely think it was my prep or lather. Honestly, I can get my trusty Nacet blades for pennies more per shave. I'm going to give them another shave and see. 

4 447
 03-19-2021, 09:21 AM
User Info
Interesting... keep us posted Smile

3 7,418
 03-19-2021, 09:33 AM
User Info
(03-19-2021, 09:21 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: Interesting... keep us posted Smile
Will do. I have to say other than the nicks, which were minor, it was a comfortable, efficient shave. I was surprised. We will see now that the first shave is out of the way and the blade may be worn in.

4 447
 03-20-2021, 09:42 AM
User Info
I have to say again I am pretty happy with the shave. Very smooth and comfortable again. Only 1 incredibly minor nick that stung more than anything. I don't attribute it to the blade as it was in an area near a mole where if I do get nicked, it is usually in that area. Especially if I'm not careful near it. I didn't even notice the nick until I felt the sting and there was almost no bleeding and it was incredibly small. Pleasantly surprised. Will I buy them again? No idea but it won't likely be anytime soon as I have a 5 pack and a supply of Feather, Nacet, and PolSilvers that should last me some time. I will likely shave with them again as I have a pack and did like them. That's my two cents for what it's worth.

4 447
 03-20-2021, 10:19 AM
User Info
It's always nice to relearn that cheap don't mean bad when it comes to shave gear Smile

3 7,418
 03-20-2021, 12:22 PM
User Info
(03-20-2021, 10:19 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: It's always nice to relearn that cheap don't mean bad when it comes to shave gear Smile

Definitely not. Some of my favorite razors to use right now I bought for around $30. As we all know, not everything works for everyone. But don’t let price deter you. It may not always work out, but it’s nice to find quality stuff at nice prices.

4 447
 03-20-2021, 01:16 PM
User Info
As my signature line used to read; in pursuit of luxury on a budget.

I have, oh, 20 or so razors in my current rotation. Most are vintage (either PIFed or inexpensive), a few are new (but inexpensive), but three are 150+ dollar razors... of which I only paid for one (one was a gift, one was payment for services rendered).

Cheap don't mean bad - it means affordable for more people.

3 7,418
 03-20-2021, 06:17 PM
User Info
(03-20-2021, 01:16 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: As my signature line used to read; in pursuit of luxury on a budget.

I have, oh, 20 or so razors in my current rotation. Most are vintage (either PIFed or inexpensive), a few are new (but inexpensive), but three are 150+ dollar razors... of which I only paid for one (one was a gift, one was payment for services rendered).

Cheap don't mean bad - it means affordable for more people.

I'm somewhere close to 20 myself. I also have 2 $130 razors which are excellent. Sometimes you do get what you pay for, but I have found a lot if inexpensive that I like. 2 of the razors in my current regular rotation along with the $130 razors cost $30 tops. I also bought a Baili on Black Friday for $2.49, and I enjoy shaving with it. Does it compare tot he $130 razors in terms of construction, finish, etc? Not really, but it works and it is a great tool for a budget shaver. Regularly they only sell for maybe $10-$15. There is definitely plenty of affordable products that work well. 

4 447
 03-23-2021, 12:51 PM
User Info
Took my third shave. My thoughts are if you see these or are mildly curious, I think they are worth a shot for $1. Who knows? They may be your new favorite blade. They might not be. But for $1, why not?

4 447
 03-23-2021, 02:09 PM
User Info
I tried them early on. They're not bad at all, for me. Ymmv of course

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

0 58