05-18-2021, 10:53 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Thinking I probably would not change blades from my beloved Voskhod, I did want to try a couple of others I had heard about or seen mentioned as "the blade" and wanted to do my own comparison so I ordered just individual blades.  All of them were clearly marked on the blades what they were except these two.  No, this is not a joke nor a game.  This is how they actually look.

Question is, which one is a PolSilver Super Iridium and which one is a Wizamet Super Iridium?  I did not clean the blades so you will see the wax, excess or lack of ink, and fingerprint spots.

[Image: 0RErhUF.jpg]

0 156
 05-18-2021, 11:32 AM
User Info
My Wizamets, which appear to have been made in 2019, look like the blade on the top in your photo: Both numbers are in the same positions and complete, unlike the blade on the bottom.

Hope this helps.

12 86
 05-18-2021, 11:37 AM
User Info
Actually, my wizzes say Super Iridium TM, rather than Super Iridium circled R like both of your blades. So it looks like I can be of no help after all sorry, should have caught that difference immediately.

12 86
 06-01-2021, 08:45 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Have completed 4 shaves doing a 3-pass technique with each of the blades above and both were ready to go more but changed anyways to speed up getting a verdict.  I duplicated everything exactly with all shaves, i.e. same preshave, same shave soap, same brush, same post shave routine, same razor, same everything!  After completing all of this I could have declared a tie and swore both blades came out of the same tuck!  Shaves were smooth, comfortable, no nicks or irritation, and both blades were very sharp.  But I gotta make a verdict so I declare the top blade is a true PolSilver and the bottom blade is the Wizamet based on the following.

1. Printing on the blades are the same words but on the top blade the printing is neater and more precisely placed on the blade.
2. Center slot on the bottom blade is ever so slightly narrower and diamond shaped alignment holes are slightly off so it did fit slightly snug in the razor making it a bit harder to insert and remove.
3. Both blades had a slight hangover due to the narrower razor I used and I normally cut this overhand off to keep from nicking my ear.  However. I discovered the overhand on the top blade was the same amount on both sides and the size I normally see on all my other blades.  The bottom blade had the normal overhang I normally see on my other blades on 1 side but much shorter overhand on the other side.

That's what I think anyways.........

0 156
 06-01-2021, 09:49 AM
User Info
Some guys believe that the Polsilver Super Iridium and the Wizamet Super Iridium are the same blade.

60 11,279
 06-01-2021, 11:22 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
They sure seem like it to me.  I also have difficulty trying to correctly identify "Israeli Red" blades.

0 156
 06-01-2021, 08:19 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(06-01-2021, 11:22 AM)Chappy Wrote: They sure seem like it to me.  I also have difficulty trying to correctly identify "Israeli Red" blades.

Do you mean when there’s one installed in your razor and it doesn’t feel perceptibly different than any other blade?

19 5,550
 06-02-2021, 03:47 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
@chazt

I've tried to find some to try but packaging seems to have changed along the way and not sure what the package should look like.  I just tried the below blade which I think is Israeli Red but packaged in UK and it is great!

[Image: Xv5fxXp.jpg]

0 156
 06-05-2021, 01:00 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(06-01-2021, 09:49 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Some guys believe that the Polsilver Super Iridium and the Wizamet Super Iridium are the same blade.

Back when I was using both, I was sure they were. The only difference was that the Polsilvers only came in tucks of five while the Wizamet only tucks of ten.
And, of course, the names, Polsilvers being Super Iridiums and the Wizamet Iridium Supers.

9 2,901
 06-05-2021, 05:32 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Interesting.  Kind of like Feathers where the yellow packaging has 10 blades per tuck yet the black packaging only has 5 blades per tuck yet both are the same blade.

0 156
 09-28-2021, 06:41 AM
User Info
I have used polsilver since 2015.
I have thousands of them and thousands of Wizamet (post-2017 production).

I can definitely feel the difference between the two! There is zero doubt in my experience.

My friend can't tell the difference, perhaps due to his lighter stubble growth, he may not perceive the difference. 

Wizamet give me 4 great shaves and polsilver give 7 great shaves.

0 118