10-05-2012, 08:56 AM
User Info
I recently switched back to multis & developed RAD, buying a lot of Gillette and Schick's offerings.

Then I procured the Remington/King of Shaves "Azor," decidedly cut from a different cloth than any other razor I've used.

The blades in it are of a different breed, designed to last long and cut well. The back of the package speaks convincingly to this end, which is why I bought it.

I thought it'd be just another razor/multi, but this razor is insanely effective. It cleans up quickly and shaves better than anything I've used. The head doesn't pivot but bends, affixed to rubber.

No lube strip - just a comparatively big rubber skin-stretcher in front of the blade track.

I've been using it for 2 weeks straight with no noticeable reduction in the quality of the blades within the cartridge.

Stunned, I'd like to see what other seasoned shavers think of this miracle razor.

0 257
 10-05-2012, 09:19 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
I bought one a while ago (4 blade model) from Remington and probably didn,t give it enough time..problem with being a collector is that you end up with so many razors you never get to "know" them...i,ll try it agin..thanks for the reminder.

6 1,913
 10-05-2012, 10:46 AM
User Info
While I'll never buy another cartridge razor again, it's great that you found a razor that you enjoy and that gives you a great shave Biggrin

3 3,556
 10-05-2012, 11:14 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I bought one directly for KOS in a set but they sent me the same razor but with the older cartridges. Not bad but the replacement cartridges although cheaper then Gillette are not exactly low cost.

100 12,438
 10-05-2012, 04:24 PM
User Info
I tried one of these about a year ago or so when they were on sell at Walgreens for a buck with a instant reward coupon.

It was the worst razor I've ever used, and I've used just about all the cartridges and disposables. It tugged, it pulled, it irritated and it barely took any hair off my face at all.I three different cartridges in it, chalking it up to extraordinarily bad luck with bum cartridges, and it always shaved the same I've actually put it on the very top of my "worst shave ever" list. I used it for two weeks before I went back to using a Bump Fighter handle with Walmart brand TracII cartridges. It gave me a lot of irritation, but at least it cut some hair while it was at it.

I'm certainly happy that it worked out for you, but that particular razor disagreed with my face more than any that I've tried.

0 32
 10-06-2012, 04:57 AM
User Info
I knew this razor wouldn't be well-received here.

I was a DE guy for years before switching.

I say try this razor because its blades are decidedly different (better) than any I've seen, not dulling after weeks of shaving.

I'm referring to the Azor 5; I've no idea what previous models were like.

0 257
 10-06-2012, 06:21 AM
User Info
That was the last multi-blade cartridge razor I used before switching to DE and I'd have to agree with Quixotica, it was the worst razor I have ever used. I'd go over the same spot many times and still had stubble. The flexible head makes it feel like I'm shaving with mittens on. Personally, I'd rather have a pivot head than a flexible head.

It's great that you like them though. If I still had the cartridges for mine I'd offer to send them to you but I finally tossed them out.

0 836