10-05-2012, 09:12 AM
User Info
I was in Col. Drug the other day and sniffed S&D's "SPICE" and "SAGEBUSH," loving the scent of the former.

How good is this cream? I've no shortage of lather and will feel like I'm wasting money if I buy a mediocre cream for its scent.

Is it truly top-notch, or a rung below the best?

Any key selling points that make this SC different?

0 257
 10-05-2012, 09:13 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
It is a good cream. The sagebrush and the spice has a tendency to separate which may or may not be off-putting. The performance and skin conditioning properties of the cream though are very good.

45 15,967
 10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Iv,e used it for a while..love the scent..don,t need much..has essential oils so you need to stir it up now and then but it does what a good cream is supposed to do...basically it works and smells great and you get a large quantity!!!!Smile

6 1,903
 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM
User Info
Hm, don't like the sound of needing to stir.

I don't like how it's a new cream that just came out of nowhere.

The scent of the spice, though, is unreal.

Taylor's is 15 and incredibly high-performing. Too bad it's not stocked in the store I go to, as I want to sniff the Lavender before buying...

0 257
 10-06-2012, 05:01 AM
User Info
So I went back to Col. Drug intending to buy it - but with reservations since separation was mentioned.

Upon opening the tester to smell, I noticed the mess in the tub. It looked like an ordinary SC on top of which someone had thrown water & oil. Utter mess.

I like my stuff a little more solid.

0 257
 10-06-2012, 11:07 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
My friend , it contains a lot of oils and thats normal.I have tried the Spice , which has a Bay Rum scent and it was very good on the skin care deparment.I even made a video using a Muhle silvertip brush with this cream and how easy was to lather it :

86 7,123
 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I think this cream is top notch. The only reservation I have in recommending it is the scent - I think some may like it while others may not. If you like the scent, I say go for it. Stirring it occasionally is not such a big deal.

And look at the ingredients list. Impressive.

One of our vendors was recently selling it at a very nice discount. You might check to see if this is still available.

43 1,682