06-08-2021, 09:31 AM
User Info
I'm not new to wet shaving, so I'm not looking for the usual general advice on how to build a lather, but would appreciate your thoughts on the finer points of lathering Czech & Speake triple milled soaps.  I have many hard soaps but only a couple of them that I can't seem to work right (Czech & Speake and Truefitt & Hill).  All I seem to get is foamy stuff that dissipates quickly on my face.  Thanks.

0 3
 06-08-2021, 12:07 PM
User Info
I have been using C&S for the last 7+ years, never having any issues. The lather it produces is some of the most stable and slick I have ever experienced. It was made by Valobra until it was discontinued. I might suggest this. Take the puck and grate it with a cheese grater and press it back into the container. Next, don't shy away from wetting the puck with some H2O to soften it up. Lastly, load it like it owes you money. Let the lather start out thick 'n sticky and then add water slowly until it is slick and shiny.

98 6,965
 06-08-2021, 02:52 PM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
+1. This is good advice for pretty much any soap.

19 4,995
 06-08-2021, 03:55 PM
User Info
When did you acquire your C&S soap? I ask to determine whether you have the original and now discontinued version, made by Valobra, or the new and recently released version.

60 11,014
 06-08-2021, 04:33 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
I think Ricardo may be on the right track - I have seen disappointing results reported with the "new" C&S stuff (including the disappearing lather), the older Valobra-made C&S (like the AoS) lathered like a dream ..

82 779
 06-09-2021, 01:41 PM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
It seems the OP has the new version. I have the Valobra produced soap, used it just two days ago and found it easy to lather and quite satisfying in all aspects.

68 1,995
 06-09-2021, 04:35 PM
User Info
(06-08-2021, 12:07 PM)primotenore Wrote: I have been using C&S for the last 7+ years, never having any issues. The lather it produces is some of the most stable and slick I have ever experienced. It was made by Valobra until it was discontinued. I might suggest this. Take the puck and grate it with a cheese grater and press it back into the container. Next, don't shy away from wetting the puck with some H2O to soften it up. Lastly, load it like it owes you money. Let the lather start out thick 'n sticky and then add water slowly until it is slick and shiny.

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

0 3
 06-09-2021, 04:38 PM
User Info
(06-08-2021, 03:55 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: When did you acquire your C&S soap? I ask to determine whether you have the original and now discontinued version, made by Valobra, or the new and recently released version.

About a week ago. Others have said it might have changed. But the fragrance is great and I'm determined to figure it out.

0 3
 06-10-2021, 02:07 AM
User Info
(06-09-2021, 04:35 PM)rgfisheraz Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 12:07 PM)primotenore Wrote: I have been using C&S for the last 7+ years, never having any issues. The lather it produces is some of the most stable and slick I have ever experienced. It was made by Valobra until it was discontinued. I might suggest this. Take the puck and grate it with a cheese grater and press it back into the container. Next, don't shy away from wetting the puck with some H2O to soften it up. Lastly, load it like it owes you money. Let the lather start out thick 'n sticky and then add water slowly until it is slick and shiny.

Thanks. I'll give that a go.
I have never tried the new formulation. 

98 6,965