07-06-2021, 06:35 AM
User Info
Do you remember Hai Karate?  As a kid, I thought the ads were pretty funny.  The cologne came with self-defense instructions to fight off admirers.  Now that I'm getting into this "wet shaving" thing and am getting more tuned in to aftershaves and whatnot, I think trying Hai Karate would be fun.  I don't think any modern version of it would include the campy self-defense instructions, though.  Apparently Healthpoint in the UK is making it again with the original recipe, Hayward Enterprises makes a clone oil, and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements makes limited runs of "Lo Haiku" which is the same stuff as well.  Has anyone tried the modern equivalents?  How do they stack up against the original Hai Karate? 
- Bax

[Image: S9WoHaO.jpg]

0 195
 07-06-2021, 05:25 PM
User Info
I do remember the Hai Karate and silly commercials they did.

My wife and I were grocery shopping in a large grocery store earlier this week.  While she was looking for some shampoo and such I looked around in the shaving section and found a small bottle of Brut cologne.  Understand they reformulated it but still had to buy it for old times sake.

0 72
 07-06-2021, 06:04 PM
User Info
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The great smell of Brut, and the punch of Ali!". 1974

0 195
 07-07-2021, 04:44 AM
User Info
You can still get an old vintage bottle on the popular auction site. If I lived in the States I'd be tempted.

0 46
 07-07-2021, 09:12 AM
User Info
I'll have to check that out.  A lot of the shaving things I find there the vendor seems to think they can retire from the sale.  My Fatboy and Slim came from there but took me a while to find "my" price.  If someone is looking for a Slim they are still relatively inexpensive and a good razor.

0 72