07-20-2021, 06:16 PM
User Info
Just a preface to this minor experiment, I have come to the conclusion that shaves this heavy I just don't enjoy. I don't mind having some growth and definitely trying out new products, blades and combinations with razors, but hair this thick really becomes a chore and I just don't enjoy these shaves.

That said, I had a really good shave. I will say the Nacet wasn't my first choice of blades for this, but it was loaded in the Slim so I figured I would try and see how it fared against such a thick beard. And I have to say it did very well. The first pass removed quite a bit of hair. After my second against the grain pass I was pretty close to where I normally would like to be with my shave. It was close & comfortable with no issues. Though I will have to say that if I had to do this again, I really think a more traditional three pass shave may yield a better result considering the amount of hair.

4 620
 07-20-2021, 06:28 PM
  • chazt
  • Shimmer of Techs
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Yep. I agree. A beard that heavy needs a three pass shave. If you don’t then it just itches, and it’s all uncomfortable, and then you have to wait until your skin bounces back, and that might not be for another two days, and then you gotta be extra careful, and you hafta choose the just right combination of razor and blade, use your softest brush, cold water everything… it’s just easier to shave every day.
Sisi

19 5,217
 07-20-2021, 06:38 PM
User Info
I have never gone 10 days without shaving.  Not even close.  However, I imagine the first pass would do most of the work, and going into the third pass I would be in the same place as in a regular shave.

60 11,094
 07-20-2021, 06:52 PM
User Info
(07-20-2021, 06:28 PM)chazt Wrote: Yep. I agree. A beard that heavy needs a three pass shave. If you don’t then it just itches, and it’s all uncomfortable, and then you have to wait until your skin bounces back, and that might not be for another two days, and then you gotta be extra careful, and you hafta choose the just right combination of razor and blade, use your softest brush, cold water everything… it’s just easier to shave every day.
Sisi

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly, I prefer more often. The more often, the nicer, and more enjoyable it is believe. For me. Occasionally, this happens. Not often but it is the where I was the last 2 weeks or so. Feels good to return to a little "Normalcy"? Haha!!!

4 620
 07-20-2021, 06:58 PM
User Info
(07-20-2021, 06:38 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I have never gone 10 days without shaving.  Not even close.  However, I imagine the first pass would do most of the work, and going into the third pass I would be in the same place as in a regular shave.

The first pass did most of the mowing, no doubt. Doing my ATG pass definitely finished it, I feel I may have had less touch up work if I went XTG first. Pure speculation. Either way, it is nice to know when it does comes to this on occasion, that I have the tools to get the job done comfortably. And, good for you. I really find shaving after 10 days just very unpleasant personally. I would have rather shaved 5-7 times in the same time frame. And had much more enjoyment.

4 620