07-25-2021, 12:18 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
It has been quite awhile since I have used an injector razor. What are the current blade options? Besides Persona and Schick (the Chinese version) are there any other current production blades?

54 22,127
 07-25-2021, 12:22 PM
User Info
Phil,

The pro line b20 and twin are still on the market available from Japan.

There is also the Japanese single in packaging similar to the twins.

These are the only versions other than what you mention still being manufactured.

46 461
 07-25-2021, 12:28 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(07-25-2021, 12:22 PM)hillbillyreverend Wrote: Phil,

The pro line b20 and twin are still on the market available from Japan.

There is also the Japanese single in packaging similar to the twins.

These are the only versions other than what you mention still being manufactured.

Thank you. The proline blades have gotten really hard to source. The place that I used to order them from no longer ships to the United States. I need to do some searching...if the B20 are similar to the artist club version, that's definitely the blade for me.

54 22,127
 11-23-2021, 07:21 AM
User Info
I am new to this forum but have enjoyed transitioning back to using de safety razors as the cartridge style razors have just gotten too expensive. One of the razors that I use is the injector style shaver from Supply. They use a standard Shick injector blade and Supply has their own blades as well. Just in the last day or so they have come out with a blade made by a Japanese company that has been in buisness for over a hundred years. I suspect that the company is Feather although that is only a guess. I plan on ordring some and see how they work. I will say this, shaving has become much more enjoyable since transitioning away from the cartridge style shavers back to the old school razors. I even have my dads old Gillette fatboy adjustable that I believe is a 1960 model and it works great.

0 1
 11-23-2021, 08:19 AM
User Info
(11-23-2021, 07:21 AM)Captleemo Wrote: I am new to this forum but have enjoyed transitioning back to using de safety razors as the cartridge style razors have just gotten too expensive. One of the razors that I use is the injector style shaver from Supply. They use a standard Shick injector blade and Supply has their own blades as well. Just in the last day or so they have come out with a blade made by a Japanese company that has been in buisness for over a hundred years. I suspect that the company is Feather although that is only a guess. I plan on ordring some and see how they work. I will say this, shaving has become much more enjoyable since transitioning away from the cartridge style shavers back to the old school razors. I even have my dads old Gillette fatboy adjustable that I believe is a 1960 model and it works great.

Welcome to TSN!

60 11,371
 11-23-2021, 11:42 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
The best injectors available are the vintage Plus Platinums from Schick, or Personna 74's.  The latter are near unobtainable these days, but you can find lots of the Plus Plats floating in the 'Bay at any given time, usually for around the same cost per blade as the so-called Chicks.  The PP blades last twice as long for me ..

I got an email from Supply announcing their new "Black Label" blades .. so I ordered some.  Speculation is they are the Feather B20's loaded into a Supply proprietary cartridge ..

83 874
 11-24-2021, 05:47 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
(11-23-2021, 11:42 AM)garyg Wrote: The best injectors available are the vintage Plus Platinums from Schick, or Personna 74's.  The latter are near unobtainable these days, but you can find lots of the Plus Plats floating in the 'Bay at any given time, usually for around the same cost per blade as the so-called Chicks.  The PP blades last twice as long for me ..

I got an email from Supply announcing their new "Black Label" blades .. so I ordered some.  Speculation is they are the Feather B20's loaded into a Supply proprietary cartridge ..

My guess was that these blades are made by feather so I ordered some as well.

0 556
 11-25-2021, 07:13 AM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
The Proline B20 are the most comfortable injector blade for me. I ordered direct from Ted Pella and those blades are harsh in my view.

0 348