08-26-2021, 04:24 AM
  • Bax
User Info
Today I compared the German blade to the Indian blade.  Both Wilkinson Sword.  Using a 1946 Milord razor.  I concluded that the German blade was sharper and felt more aggressive, whereas the Indian blade was smoother and gentler on my manly jaw.  It felt like I had to be careful with the German blade, while the Indian blade let me swoop around my face carelessly and still get a good shave.  The German blade had a lot more "blade feel."  The German side of my face felt like the Home Alone kid when I hit it with aftershave; the Indian side of my face didn't get the same shock treatment from the aftershave.  It felt like the quality of the shave was identical on both sides of my unschooled, uninformed ugly mug.  The difference in "feel" must have something to do with sharpness, coatings, or some such quality that is beyond my ken.  IMHO the Wilkinson Sword from India was the winner!  Your mileage may vary, of course.
   :-)
- Bax

0 332
 08-26-2021, 06:48 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
The Indian WS is one of my favorite blades. It has all of the qualities that make a blade special:
   1. very sharp
   2. very smooth
   3. very very cheap.

0 553
 08-26-2021, 06:58 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Good review, Bax!  Interesting how one was obviously better than the other since same name but made in different countries.

0 132