08-30-2021, 11:01 AM
  • Bax
User Info
It's just a Micromatic Monday, which I think is also a song by The Bangles.  

Tried my despised, unloved TTO Micromatic today with a coated GEM blade.  This was a VERY different experience from my first shave with it (using an uncoated blade).  Either I'm getting the knack of the GEM, or the blade itself made a 100% difference with this razor!   The coated blade really changed my mind about this Micromatic! 

No longer am I thinking about turning it into a fishing lure!
Yay!

Milord Monday surely won't be permanently replaced with Micromatic Monday, but it'll be a fun change-up to add variety now and then!

If you've tried a Micromatic and didn't like it, try it with a coated blade! 

I suspect it'll change YOUR mind, too!
  :-)
- Bax

0 334
 08-30-2021, 11:14 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
The only GEM razor I still keep is a MMOC. Whenever a thread like this appears I think about trying it again, but it never seems to happen. I just love my shaves with double edge razors so much more than single edge shaves. In fact, I’ve even basically eliminated the Schick injectors from the rotation. And I used to enjoy them a lot! I’ve become DE dependent.

19 5,490
 08-30-2021, 11:55 AM
  • Bax
User Info
I get my best shaves with a 1940s super speed. 
But I like playing with all the others for fun.
Each day of the week is a celebration of SOME razor...
  - Milord/Micromatic Monday

- Tech Tuesday
  - Wolfman/Wockwell Wednesday
  - Travel Razor Thursday
  - Fat Boy/Flare Tip Friday
  - Super Speed Saturday
  - Slim Sunday
:-)
- Bax

0 334
 08-31-2021, 08:46 PM
  • Bouki
  • Sandwich Islands
User Info
I used a Gem 1912 Junior today. Does that count? I'm finally getting my angles right, and I'm discovering that these Gem razors are wonderful! They slice off the hair and leave the skin behind. It wasn't always that way. My first few shaves with a Micromatic Flying Wing were bloody. But this Junior is gentle, especially when it's loaded with a Gem by Personna blade. Once I get the technique down I'll pick up the Flying Wing again. Then it's on to the 1940 Clog Pruf, and finally, if I'm not trembling too much with awe, I'll pick up the 1930s Micromatic Open Comb.

5 174
 09-01-2021, 05:22 AM
User Info
Shouldn't this thread be in the "SE" forum?

4 176