10-07-2012, 06:58 AM
User Info
I bought an EverReady 1912 off eBay. It was a good price, it looked in good condition and was pretty clean... I got it in the mail, popped a PAL blade into that puppy, and... the blade slid halfway back out. One of the teeth that holds the front corners of the blade is completely missing. Sad

I'm guessing this thing is completely unusable now. I don't really want to put it to my face with a loose side of the blade. Is there a way to fix that, or should I just put this thing in storage? For what it's worth, I really like the weight of the razor. I'll probably buy another one. Just look at the photos more carefully next time.

0 32
 10-07-2012, 07:16 AM
User Info
Yes, worn blade stops are about the only bane of SE razors. Sorry to hear about this one. I've had a few myself. Most frustrating one for me was on a 1914 Little Lather Catcher.

31 7,914
 10-07-2012, 10:26 AM
User Info
(10-07-2012, 06:58 AM)Quixotica Wrote: I bought an EverReady 1912 off eBay. It was a good price, it looked in good condition and was pretty clean... I got it in the mail, popped a PAL blade into that puppy, and... the blade slid halfway back out. One of the teeth that holds the front corners of the blade is completely missing. Sad

I'm guessing this thing is completely unusable now. I don't really want to put it to my face with a loose side of the blade. Is there a way to fix that, or should I just put this thing in storage? For what it's worth, I really like the weight of the razor. I'll probably buy another one. Just look at the photos more carefully next time.

I looked at my Made In USA 1912 EverReady,those blade stops are substantial,to be completely missing someone in the past had to have been doing something they shouldn't have been doing to it.They're nice razors,hope you have much better luck on the next...

(10-07-2012, 07:16 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: Yes, worn blade stops are about the only bane of SE razors. Sorry to hear about this one. I've had a few myself. Most frustrating one for me was on a 1914 Little Lather Catcher.

The later edition of 1914's with the hex shape handle were given larger blade stops.This pic's of my early production 1914,the blade stops don't look like much but I have 100% confidence the blade's not going anywhere.

[Image: 1914%20Bladestop_zpsa7f33710.jpg]

7 414
 10-07-2012, 02:03 PM
User Info
(10-07-2012, 06:58 AM)Quixotica Wrote: I bought an EverReady 1912 off eBay. It was a good price, it looked in good condition and was pretty clean... I got it in the mail, popped a PAL blade into that puppy, and... the blade slid halfway back out. One of the teeth that holds the front corners of the blade is completely missing. Sad

that's unfortunate to hear! I bought an injector on ebay once that had that problem. luckily the seller took the razor back and refunded me my money.

I wonder if someone could lay a tiny weld or some solder and shape it to match the other side...though by the time you do all that, it'll probably be cheaper to replace the razor.

40 5,830
 10-07-2012, 02:24 PM
User Info
Yeah, I happens. We probably all have received razors similar to that.

Spare handle and whatever else that can be cannibalized in the future. Who knows what you or someone else will need?

32 6,311
 10-07-2012, 02:52 PM
User Info
That's really too bad. And no doubt the return postage, which must be paid by the buyer even if the item sold was not as described by the seller, is probably almost as much as the razor cost. I hope you can use it for parts or else figure out a cheap way to solder tiny knob onto it.

185 12,010
 10-07-2012, 04:43 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
I agree that it is too bad.

I would like to see if there is a cheap way to solder it or some type of epoxy that could be used.

1 819
 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM
User Info
I'd love to try soldering it somehow, but I have no idea where my old soldering iron is anymore. It seems like a lot of stuff went missing last time I moved.

0 32
 10-07-2012, 07:36 PM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
PM me and I'll send you a nice 1912 for free.

136 1,952
 10-07-2012, 09:25 PM
User Info
Wow, how unfortunate and you should take Jeff up on his offer!
Well done, Jeff!

75 20,884