Poll: Do you think a Fatip Grande tour is something YOU would want to participate in?
 10-07-2012, 10:56 AM
User Info
OK, so I've been reading the threads on the Fatip and Joris razors and decided I had to see what all the fuss was about. Today was my first shave with it and I used an Astra SP. I was highly underwhelmed, mostly as it felt so aggressive I was afraid to even go ATG. Tomorrow I will pair it with a Persona Red and see how that goes. But overall I am really thinking this will go right up on BST at a loss.

So my question is this. The Fatip is an inexpensive razor, pretty easy to buy, try and sell if you want to try one without taking a bath in costs. Would there be any interest amongst our members of having a tour of the razor to try for a few shaves and then pass along to the next person in line?

This is NOT a thread for the actual razor tour, but simply one to take a poll and judge interest in the idea.

129 6,685
 10-07-2012, 12:41 PM
  • Johan
  • Barberian of the lathering
  • Sweden
User Info
Do you have a Cadet Oc? How about taking the handle and headtop and use it with the fatip comb? You will get a close and agressive shave but much more under control. Why not just try it out first before giving up on it?

http://shavenook.com/thread-new-experime...ip+franken

0 284
 10-07-2012, 12:54 PM
User Info
I was going to try it with the Tradere handle to see if that helps. I usually can deal with short handles, and it's not in my normal nature to give up abruptly but I usually do poorly with real aggressive razors.

129 6,685
 10-09-2012, 08:44 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
I am very curious about the Fatip. I voted yes. However, some faces just can not take the aggressiveness. I know I feel like Gillette New long comb is too much for me. Short comb is better, but I get much better shave from a Progress set between 2.5 and 3. I tried different blades and just waled away with raw face after using the Gillette New. The shave was close, but I dug too deep into my epidermis. It's probably my technique with the New, but since I get perfect shaves with other razors I just chalk it up to "not for me" or "when I have time to master it". Fatip, as you mentioned is cheap and lots of people rave about it, so I'd love to give it a go without owning it.

25 1,705
 10-13-2012, 03:37 AM
User Info
I had a great shave with a Red IP today with mine, and have been using it without major face scrapping issues...

Its been growing on me, the precision makes for great goatee trimming and edging, better than my R41 or an Injector for that matter, and because it slightly curves, I don't worry about leaving a straight gash in my face when I press down lol.

[Image: sotd10092012_zps8b04a462.jpg]

0 652
 10-13-2012, 04:20 AM
User Info
(10-07-2012, 12:54 PM)wingdo Wrote: I was going to try it with the Tradere handle to see if that helps. I usually can deal with short handles, and it's not in my normal nature to give up abruptly but I usually do poorly with real aggressive razors.

Yes, the Fatip goes very well with the Tradere handle and was my preferred travel combo until I married the iKon S3S head to the Tradere for travel (fantastic balance) and stuck the Fatip on the iKon Bulldog handle for daily under-the-nose surgery.
Taking everything into consideration my favourite daily shave is the Tradere OC on a UFO Goliath XL with the Fatip/iKon combo a close second. However, now you have me thinking I might just try the Fatip with the UFO handle for comparison. Smile

1 35