11-10-2021, 07:34 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
Last year we had a couple come into our cafe just before the covid mess began.  Short story, he's an American of Polish heritage, his wife a native of Poland.  They met while he was over there for his job and got married.  So they're here in our locale so he can have a medical procedure done, and get stuck here TFN in mid March of '20.  Their 3 week stay got extended for several months.  In the meantime, we got to know them quite well.  Hung out with them after hours.  Gave them ideas on local places to explore.  Wonderful couple.  Then in August they got the green light to go back home in Poland.  A few months after that he contacted me to let us know they got pregnant while stuck here.  We knew he was going to fly back over for a follow up exam, but weren't sure when.  So this afternoon, lo and behold they both walk in the cafe with their beautiful little girl.  This kid is so adorable.  Anyways, we all had a nice visit, and before heading out for the evening, they gave us a couple of gift bags.  Inside were a matching pair of these mugs and saucers.  All the way from Poland.  I now they didn't know it, but my wife and I love this kind of Polish decorative design.  And the blue is right in my color wheelhouse.  Looking forward to another visit from them before they head out of town.  We are so blessed with all the people we get to meet.
[Image: 3dAsIZB.jpg]

0 627
 11-11-2021, 05:04 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
This couple was before my time here at TSN but enjoyed your story.  Was also glad to hear they are doing so well growing a family and you got to see them again.  Happy times!!

0 178
 11-11-2021, 05:19 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
What, no baby pics?

It sounds like you’ve made lifelong friends. Great story, Ron! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your visit Smile

20 5,676
 11-11-2021, 06:04 AM
User Info
Great story and very nice mugs, Ron.

60 11,371
 11-11-2021, 07:34 AM
User Info
Fantastic story, thanks for sharing. My most cherished possessions are all gifts from the heart.

6 94
 11-11-2021, 01:28 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
(11-11-2021, 05:19 AM)chazt Wrote: What, no baby pics?

It sounds like you’ve made lifelong friends. Great story, Ron! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your visit Smile

I have some baby pics.  But didn't want to take the liberty.  Thanks.

0 627
 11-11-2021, 01:29 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
(11-11-2021, 07:34 AM)Spartan76 Wrote: Fantastic story, thanks for sharing. My most cherished possessions are all gifts from the heart.

"...gifts from the heart."

Absolutely.

0 627