11-14-2021, 05:39 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
The last three months have been quite the scene. Quite… I’ve had my typical weeks of 5-6 shaves per, but I’ve also had a number of weeks of 3 or even 2 shaves in an entire week. You know what John said, “Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans.” Today was a minor but much needed shave related epiphany. This is what I was able to put words to. Sort of. Since making the switch to traditional shaving, it seems that in general, my daily mood is “better” or perhaps I feel better equipped to deal with what comes my way when I’ve had a good shave in the morning. When I mentioned this to Gayle she replied with the obvious, “so shave every day.”

What about you? Is your day “better” after a good shave? Does a no-shave morning lead to a drag of an afternoon? Talk to me…

20 5,697
 11-14-2021, 06:21 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
M-Th I shave in the evening.  Sleep is short and I'm too lazy to get up a 1/2 hour earlier to do a shower & shave.

But Sat & Sun are my morning shave days.  And I do look forward to them.  It is nice having a relaxing start to the day.  Especially Saturday, because it's our most hectic day of the week.  I don't know how much, but it does have a positive effect to the days beginning.

0 643
 11-15-2021, 05:59 AM
User Info
For me, a morning run followed by shaving are essential and my day doesn't feel right without them.  

Sometimes daily rituals can bring one comfort.  We have good friends who are British and they never fail to have tea and biscuits together every afternoon around 4:00 pm. I do my espresso routine every day around 4:00 pm, look forward to those 15 minutes, and then return to work or the rest of my day in a better state of mind.

60 11,395
 11-15-2021, 08:41 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(11-14-2021, 06:21 PM)2Chops Wrote: M-Th I shave in the evening.  Sleep is short and I'm too lazy to get up a 1/2 hour earlier to do a shower & shave.

But Sat & Sun are my morning shave days.  And I do look forward to them.  It is nice having a relaxing start to the day.  Especially Saturday, because it's our most hectic day of the week.  I don't know how much, but it does have a positive effect to the days beginning.

I did a similar routine when I was working (Sunday through Thursday evenings and then Saturday morning). That Saturday morning shave was the highly anticipated “me” time, so I really understand how you feel about your relaxed weekend shaves. Enjoy!

20 5,697
 11-15-2021, 09:34 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(11-15-2021, 05:59 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: For me, a morning run followed by shaving are essential and my day doesn't feel right without them.  

Sometimes daily rituals can bring one comfort.  We have good friends who are British and they never fail to have tea and biscuits together every afternoon around 4:00 pm. I do my espresso routine every day around 4:00 pm, look forward to those 15 minutes, and then return to work or the rest of my day in a better state of mind.

Many people feel that way about their morning run. As you know, I am not one of them Smile

My in-laws enjoyed cocktails every afternoon around that same time. My dog enjoys her bone and I do too!

20 5,697
 11-15-2021, 03:16 PM
User Info
I shave in the evenings and always cherish that time as well as the few hours afterwards when I’m relaxed, clean shaven, and have no pressing responsibilities.

36 2,265
 11-24-2021, 07:24 PM
User Info
I do this as well and usually shave every other day. I keep my razors extremely sharp, so I'm able to go a day before any serious stubble starts to show.

(11-15-2021, 03:16 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I shave in the evenings and always cherish that time as well as the few hours afterwards when I’m relaxed, clean shaven, and have no pressing responsibilities.

0 5