Yesterday, 04:08 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
Third and final try at this.  Phone acting up. So here goes.

The soap was made by a friend of ours.  Started it as a side gig about a year and a half ago.  The Drunken Snowman was one of 3 we got from her yesterday.  It's a bath soap.  But I had to find out how it would do for a shave.  On we go.

The lather was thin.  A tad thinner than Williams Mug soap, but quite slick and cushiony enough.  I used the Amber Aerolite this round.  I'll be using different brushes for the next several shaves.  The brush loaded quick.  First pass lather was decent.  Pass two it dissipated fairly soon, but the slickness remained.  Reloaded for pass 3.  Lather vanished soon, but the shave went well overall.  The aroma hasn't triggered my wife's asthma, so that's a plus.  I'll post more on the successive shaves.
[Image: bQoRwf4.jpg]
[Image: WvBEks7.jpg]
[Image: CNrcMuU.jpg]

0 627
 Yesterday, 07:14 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
It’s a great name, for sure. Can you describe the scent?

20 5,676
 Yesterday, 07:52 PM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Have to agree about the great name... explains the beer as an ingredient.  You do shave with this and not drink it, right?  Biggrin 

Ingredients look good also as I've been working on a preshave for myself so have looked into many of these ingredients.  How does it work if you forgo the brush and just make a lather in your hands, wash your face, and leave it on to shave?  I have tried glycerin soap as a preshave like this and wonder if this would work here also.

0 178
 Today, 12:46 AM
User Info
(Yesterday, 07:52 PM)Chappy Wrote: Have to agree about the great name... explains the beer as an ingredient.  You do shave with this and not drink it, right?  Biggrin 

Ingredients look good also as I've been working on a preshave for myself so have looked into many of these ingredients.  How does it work if you forgo the brush and just make a lather in your hands, wash your face, and leave it on to shave?  I have tried glycerin soap as a preshave like this and wonder if this would work here also.
I've tried a few soaps by people similar to this maker, and they lathered great, BUT, it soon vanished. All contained olive oil which seems to kill lather.
I suspect making  shaving soap is more complex than bath soap......

0 233
 10 hours ago
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
(Yesterday, 07:14 PM)chazt Wrote: It’s a great name, for sure. Can you describe the scent?

I'm better at describing flavors than scents.  But to my nose, I'm reading a slight blend of citrus and lavender, with a hoppiness as the main player.  Perhaps a little bit of moss too.  Maybe.  Not at all unpleasantly pungent.  Just a good aroma any guy would appreciate.

0 627
 10 hours ago
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
(Yesterday, 07:52 PM)Chappy Wrote: Have to agree about the great name... explains the beer as an ingredient.  You do shave with this and not drink it, right?  Biggrin 

I'll give the hand lather/wash technique a go.  But I have some other brushes I want to try first.  This soap is my project of the week.

0 627