• Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Chopara50, welcome to TSN. We’ll see you on the forum Smile

20 5,839
 11-28-2021, 06:07 PM
User Info
Greetings from central Illinois.

I’m a stroke survivor. On June 29th 2021 I was scheduled to have a craniotomy to remove a tumor from my brain, actually my cerebellum. I don’t remember anything about that day or the next four or five days.

It turns out the surgery went fine, however I had a stroke on either the first or second of July. I remained in the ICU until until July 7th, when I was transferred to the stroke recovery unit. I tried to talk but mumbled jibberish came out. My right arm was limp and hand was locked up in a fist. I couldn’t walk, my right leg couldn’t tolerate any weight, But I was able to move it and that was something we could build on and fortunately my speech returned relatively quickly.

I had a roommate while on the stroke rehab unit, he told the nurse he wanted to shave, She finally gave in and said he could shave, but when she brought him a can of shaving cream and a disposable razor. He was saying what am I supposed to do with this I can’t shave with this, but he did.

Later I asked him what that was all about. He said that’s not really shaving, you need to make your own lather and shave with a safety razor. He went on about the virtues of wet shaving and I’m sitting there thinking I can barely move my arm and we’re doing good just to get my hand open and he’s talking to me about shaving with a razor and a razor blade. Then he said now you’ve got a reason to work hard to get use of your arm back. You’ve not lived until yuck have experienced wet shaving.

On October 7th I wet shaved for the first time with a Viking Chieftain and a Derby Premium blade.What a bloody mess, cut and nicks all over my face. Told my wife I think I need to practice on something other than my face. She you could practice on your legs. Then she said no seriously get on YouTube see if you can learn to shave or at least pick up some pointers. I did but it wasn’t a miraculous now I got it moment. I did get some advice from a fellow wet shaver. He said to stick with my razor and blade combo until you get your technique down to where you’re not getting any cuts, nicks or weepers. It took awhile but I finally started to get it. After six or seven shaves with only an occasional weeper, I made a switch to an Edwin Jagger de89 and Astra Superior Platinum blade. I’m actually enjoying the wet shaving experience and can’t wait until the next shave,

0 2
 11-28-2021, 07:10 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Welcome to The Nook

54 22,201
 11-29-2021, 02:32 AM
User Info
(11-28-2021, 06:07 PM)walleyeb1 Wrote: Greetings from central Illinois.

I’m a stroke survivor. On June 29th 2021 I was scheduled to have a craniotomy to remove a tumor from my brain, actually my cerebellum. I don’t remember anything about that day or the next four or five days.

It turns out the surgery went fine, however I had a stroke on either the first or second of July. I remained in the ICU until until July 7th, when I was transferred to the stroke recovery unit. I tried to talk but mumbled jibberish came out. My right arm was limp and hand was locked up in a fist. I couldn’t walk, my right leg couldn’t tolerate any weight, But I was able to move it and that was something we could build on and fortunately my speech returned relatively quickly.

I had a roommate while on the stroke rehab unit, he told the nurse he wanted to shave, She finally gave in and said he could shave, but when she brought him a can of shaving cream and a disposable razor. He was saying what am I supposed to do with this I can’t shave with this, but he did.

Later I asked him what that was all about. He said that’s not really shaving, you need to make your own lather and shave with a safety razor. He went on about the virtues of wet shaving and I’m sitting there thinking I can barely move my arm and we’re doing good just to get my hand open and he’s talking to me about shaving with a razor and a razor blade. Then he said now you’ve got a reason to work hard to get use of your arm back. You’ve not lived until yuck have experienced wet shaving.

On October 7th I wet shaved for the first time with a Viking Chieftain and a Derby Premium blade.What a bloody mess, cut and nicks all over my face. Told my wife I think I need to practice on something other than my face. She you could practice on your legs. Then she said no seriously get on YouTube see if you can learn to shave or at least pick up some pointers. I did but it wasn’t a miraculous now I got it moment. I did get some advice from a fellow wet shaver. He said to stick with my razor and blade combo until you get your technique down to where you’re not getting any cuts, nicks or weepers. It took awhile but I finally started to get it. After six or seven shaves with only an occasional weeper, I made a switch to an Edwin Jagger de89 and Astra Superior Platinum blade. I’m actually enjoying the wet shaving experience and can’t wait until the next shave,
I hope and wish quick recovery. You are so determined. Congrats. May be wet shaving will be a fresh and new start.

Welcome on board.

P.S. May be admins can move your message to a new topic.

SM-G965F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

0 53