12-05-2021, 09:56 AM
User Info
Gillette Heritage or the King C. Gillette series DE razors? The Heritage reminds me of my 1930’s Red and Black Deluxe

2 807
 12-05-2021, 10:10 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I haven’t seen them for sale anywhere. Are they the razors that were being marketed in the big box stores a year or two ago?

22 6,874
 12-05-2021, 12:21 PM
User Info
They've finally reached Norway.. I've seen them in a) a low cost grocery chain, and b) the local "dollar store" / overstock retailer.

Asking price here is about 200 kroner (22 USD), and frankly I think that is too much all the time I can get a vintage Gillette for less.

3 8,067
 12-05-2021, 02:09 PM
  • Bax
User Info
I think the Heritage is the one that was an Muhle 89 head with a random handle and came in a little clamshell kit with some blades, wasn't it?  Not exactly "Gillette," but it had their name on the package.  If so, I've got one.  I like it.  It was my 2nd DE razor (first was a vintage Super Speed from an estate sale).  I think it's a pretty mild razor and a fine choice for someone starting out in the "wet shaving with a DE razor" world.  Like Hans mentioned, there are plenty of vintage razors that'll give you the same shave for a lot less, but I didn't know that when I bought the Heritage; I was a noob.
  :-)
- Bax

P.S.  Hey Hans... see what I did there?  Said I "was" a noob. I'm socializing my burgeoning seniority with a subtle, subliminal marketing campaign.  Tee hee hee!

0 530