12-05-2021, 11:48 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
I've got Cella red in a tub that is fairly easy to lather and I really like it.  Bought a tube of Cella green to try and am having problems with it.

The Cella green was in a new tube with the factory seal on it.  Squeezed out about an inch of the cream and noticed it was super thick and really hard to squeeze out of the tube.  Cream itself feels pretty hard like it is almost dried up or not thinned enough to really be a cream.  Grabbed a badger brush and started lathering.  After about 10 minutes of mixing and adding more water than I normally use with anything else I finally had a lather that looked like yogurt with a sheen on it from the light like it should.  But, it did not make near as much volume of lather as anything else I have used.  Lathered my face and though it felt slick there was not much cushion to it.  Finished the shave without irritation.  While cleaning out the lather bowl discovered about 1/2 of the cream I had used in pieces on the bottom of the bowl.  I could not believe my eyes as much as I worked to mix this up.  Thought about this experience the rest of the day.  Hmmmm....  

I don't normally shave on Sundays so decided today I obviously need to practice my lathering with this cream so mixed up another bowl of this stuff.  Unfortunately I ended up with about the same results.  Darn it!  Cleaned the badger brush and lather bowl real well to make sure there was nothing on it causing the problem.  Mixed another bowl... same problems.  Just about ready to throw the tube in the trash when I thought well hell lets put it into a soap dish and try loading the brush like I do with the Cella red and then go to the lather bowl.  Lo and behold it worked without all the extra water too.  Will use it this way tomorrow and see if I continue to have problems with it.

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems with the Cella green in a tube or am I just lucky that way?

0 312
 12-05-2021, 02:16 PM
  • Bax
User Info
I was never happy with Proraso in a tube when I bowl lathered.  When I started adding the Proraso directly to the brush and face-lathered, it was a whole different world!  Fantastic lather, and always got a great shave!   (I picked that tip up from someone here in the Nook, I think).
Experiment!
   :-)
- Bax

0 508
 12-06-2021, 12:04 PM
  • Nero
User Info
I have Cella in the green tube. Absolutely no issues on my side. It's a wonderful performer. I haven't used it in a long time, so maybe it has deteriorated since I last used it.
I don't bowl lather anything. I face lather everything, except palm lather once in a great while.

103 4,224
 12-15-2021, 08:13 PM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Finally got a good lather and shave with Cella green cream in a tube today.  I had previously removed the shaving cream from the tube and put it in an old soap bowl.  Today I put near boiling water on top of the bowl to soften the cream and left it for about 10 minutes.  This seemed to soften the cream and made it sticky.  I poured off the water, loaded a badger brush with it, finished the lather in a lather bowl, and got a great shave with it.  For some reason I could not get the cream to break down enough to loaded the brush previously.  Good stuff now that I can use it but prefer the Cella red in the bowl.

0 312
 12-15-2021, 09:01 PM
  • Nero
User Info
Agreed Chappy.
Used mine the other day after replying. It had firmed up a lot, was literally like trying to squeeze a firm croap through the tiny hole. Didn't even budge.
So I put some hot water in the sink and threw the whole tube in there for about 10 minutes to help soften it up so I could squeeze it out. That worked nicely and had a great shave. And of all the Aventus type scents out there that I've tried, this one might have the best musky smoke note out of all of them. It's shocking, really.

103 4,224