12-22-2021, 05:36 AM
User Info
So I was poking around over at Wikimedia Commons – a great source for free images – today, and once again I found a picture of a razor I’ve never seen or heard about before.

The razor is identified as the Self Sharp Adjustable DE Safety Razor, by the Self Sharp Razor Co., Turloc, California.

[Image: Vintage_Self_Sharp_Adjustable_DE_Safety_...24x853.jpg][Image: Vintage_Self_Sharp_Adjustable_DE_Safety_...4x1003.jpg]

Mechanically, the razor is simple. Adjust the lever on the side to expose more or less blade on one side of the razor – and at the same time less or more on the other. It looks to take standard Gillette style blades.

Waits’ compendium turns up a blank. Google Image Search is not particularly helpful. According to Wikimedia, patent was applied for… but a cursory search at Google Patents reveals nothing.

So if anyone know anything about the Self Sharp Adjustable razor from Turloc, California… drop me a line.

3 8,067
 12-22-2021, 02:25 PM
User Info
(12-22-2021, 05:36 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: So I was poking around over at Wikimedia Commons – a great source for free images – today, and once again I found a picture of a razor I’ve never seen or heard about before.

The razor is identified as the Self Sharp Adjustable DE Safety Razor, by the Self Sharp Razor Co., Turloc, California.

[Image: Vintage_Self_Sharp_Adjustable_DE_Safety_...24x853.jpg][Image: Vintage_Self_Sharp_Adjustable_DE_Safety_...4x1003.jpg]

Mechanically, the razor is simple. Adjust the lever on the side to expose more or less blade on one side of the razor – and at the same time less or more on the other. It looks to take standard Gillette style blades.

Waits’ compendium turns up a blank. Google Image Search is not particularly helpful. According to Wikimedia, patent was applied for… but a cursory search at Google Patents reveals nothing.

So if anyone know anything about the Self Sharp Adjustable razor from Turloc, California… drop me a line.
A few ads spring 1945 in local Central Valley (Modesto) paper.
[Image: b95d76154b7c42976bfe689bc61813dd.jpg]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

2 477
 12-22-2021, 03:08 PM
User Info
(12-22-2021, 02:25 PM)jmudrick Wrote: A few ads spring 1945 in local Central Valley (Modesto) paper.

Pre-war steel even... sounds like they are selling of old stock. Thank you Smile

3 8,067