01-06-2022, 11:55 AM
  • Bax
User Info
I received a 1961 Fatboy for Christmas. I didn't mention that I already had a fat boy on the shelf. I tried the fat boy several times, and wasn't impressed. But it was Christmas. I smiled and said "thank you," enthusiastically, and proudly added it to my collection.  I even shaved with it on Christmas Day. Holy cow!  I was surprised!  This razor gave me a much better shave than my first fat boy!  Between then and now I've used the fat boy every day, and even tried it with the worst blades in my drawer... Shark"Super Stainless" -- and I still got a great shave (set on 6).  Not sure why this Fat Boy gives me a shave so much better than my old fat boy ever did. I even checked the blade gaps with a feeler gauge to make sure my old one didn't have a bent safety bar or some such thing. I have no explanation.

Maybe it was a Christmas miracle!
  :-)
- Bax

[Image: cAEI0BA.jpg]

0 409
 01-06-2022, 04:04 PM
User Info
I'm not goin to lie, this is not what I thought the thread was going to be about when I read the title.  Biggrin

6 141
 01-06-2022, 05:06 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Perhaps the first shaves with the earlier version, you hadn’t deplyed the final half twist? Dunno. Try it again?

1 2,431
 01-06-2022, 07:54 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Interesting. I’ve never owned a fat boy, but have owned three Super Adjustables (still have one). Two were short handles, one (current) long handle. They all shave pretty much identically. Same with red tips and Techs. Maybe your first one needs a tune up?

20 5,835
 01-07-2022, 06:35 AM
  • Bax
User Info
I didn't check the blade gap on both sides of my old fat boy.
I should have.
The two sides were different!

No wonder the new fat boy gave me a better shave then my old one! That got me thinking... Something seemed vaguely familiar here. Like deja vu.
Then I remembered...

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=...perimental

Sometimes I'm a dope.
:-)
- Bax

0 409