01-22-2022, 04:21 AM
User Info
What are your thoughts on the Henson razor? Does it eliminate irritation?

18 339
 01-22-2022, 05:25 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Yes. I have the Henson medium (in black). When you find the angle at which it’s designed to cut, it does a very, very good job of shaving you closely with no irritation. After using it for about a week and a half worth of shaves, I’ve found it’s not really for me. I prefer more blade feel than the Henson provides.

22 6,242
 01-22-2022, 06:33 AM
User Info
I have the Aggressive one in titanium. I really like it quite a lot. But still being marked as Aggressive, it still is quite on the mild side of thing. So much so that I don't think I'll ever try the mild or medium one.

My Henson is in my regular rotation of choice along with my Sabre, Blackbird, DLC Lupo, RS-18 and RS-10 and my newly acquired Overlander.

I think that the henson is a safe choice if your primary focus is irritation free.

0 405
 01-23-2022, 01:28 AM
User Info
I'd say Yes.

I have never had any irritation or weepers when using the Henson. I have both the Mild and the Medium. Great shaver for a very decent price. I usually swap out the handle for something with a bit mor heft to it becuase i think its a tad bit light with standard handle.

0 11
 01-26-2022, 07:33 PM
User Info
I had the medium…sold it.

The design requires a very specific angle. That may work for many folks but not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 497
 01-27-2022, 12:47 PM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Okay, I finally got a good, comfortable shave with my Henson mild razor today.  I have super sensitive skin and my problem appears to be I was over compensating for the rough finish on the head and not using the correct angle.  How did I figure this out you may ask?  Well the temporary fix is I used car wax on the head and safety bar.  Now I just have to figure out how I can polish the finish to make it smooth as wax....  Suggestions?

0 268
 05-10-2022, 12:24 AM
User Info
I have been using a Henson Medium for several months now.

I find it very easy to use compared to a standard Gillette DE, such as a Tech or Fatboy, or their modern equivalents. (And after the initial learning curve, the standard DEs themselves aren't exactly tough to use.). With the Henson, there is just one correct angle for use and no guesswork required for finding it -- you just lay the completely flat side of the razor flat against your face and away you go.

I find the shave efficient and error- and irritation-free.

In fact, the Henson has become my sole regular DE razor, alternating with injectors.

1 50
 05-10-2022, 06:17 AM
User Info
Henson razor works well for me.
I like mild razors. And the Henson is efficient while mild.

76 2,298