03-05-2022, 04:57 PM
  • Eskimo
  • Artisan & Custom Shaving Equipment
User Info
The Shave Nook is 10 years old!

TSN Tenth Anniversary Limited Edition Shaving Brush

Offering: Description and Instructions

First, these brushes are not being offered on a first-come, first-served basis.  Please take time to carefully read and thoroughly understand this post from top to bottom before submitting a request. It is important that everyone does that!

If you have any questions, please ask them in this thread so I can answer them here for the benefit of everyone who might be interested. To that end, let’s maintain focus in this thread on Q&A.

These brushes have not been made yet. I am offering them on a pre-order basis with a $50 per brush, up-front, non-refundable payment required to secure orders.

Note that I can only ship brushes containing badger-hair knots to United States addresses.

Summary description of the brushes:

This year’s TSN LE shaving brushes will be produced by Elite Razor. 

58 mm custom, hand-turned handle in the TSN colors of Maroon and Ivory.  Each handle is made of hand-poured resin.

The handle will be engraved and hand-filled with black enamel.

Every brush will have a 26mm Manchurian White knot, in your choice of Fan or Bulb shape, set at a loft of 52-53mm.

Below is a picture of 2 prototype handles featuring both shape knots:

[Image: YtARr1Y.jpg]

Please note that these handles are turned by hand, one at a time.  As such, there may be very slight variations from one handle to another.  However, you can see that the two prototypes have extremely minor differences.

Pricing:

Each brush will be $215, including domestic shipping.

A $50 per brush pre-payment will be invoiced in advance and must be paid promptly to secure an order.

Shipping:

I will ship your brush via USPS Priority Mail to domestic U.S. addresses only.

How to submit a request to purchase one or more of the 2022 TSN LE shaving brushes:

1. Send an email addressed to robert.d.quinn@eliterazor.com with 
2022 TSN LE in the subject header.  
2. Be sure to send your email from an account to which I can forward the Paypal invoicing.
3. State how many brushes you wish to buy in total as well as your preferred knot shape (Fan or Bulb).
4. Confirm that you have a US address or a forwarder with a US address to which we can ship.
5. If you are a member or TSN, please include your TSN username.
9. The brush shown in in this post is the brush shape and size I will be building.  Please do not request changes in shape, engraving, color, engraving, etc.  

Brush ordering process:

I will accept pre-orders through Thursday, March 17th (Happy St. Patrick’s Day) or until a total of 50 brushes have been ordered.  At this point, I can begin the production process of pouring the blanks. 

Invoicing:

Once your pre-order is received, I will send an invoice for the $50 pre-payment.  In order to maintain accurate counts, the pre-payment invoice must be settled within 48 hours.

Once your brush is made and ready to ship, we will send you an invoice (via email) for the balance due (including shipping and insurance charges), payment of which will complete your purchase. Please only place an order if you are certain you’ll be able to pay for it.

Production Process:

1. Production starts with pouring the Maroon and Ivory blanks.  Once they are cured, the blanks will be cut, trimmed and segmented together.  The handles can then be individually turned, buffed and polished to shape.  Once all the handles have been built, they will be sent out for engraving.   After which, the engraving will all be hand-filled will black enamel.  At this point, the knots will be set and the final invoice for $165 pre brush will be sent to complete the purchase.  Upon payment, the brush will be shipped.

Sounds pretty simple, right?  

Remember, I will be building each of these brushes individually, as well as completing the finishing of the engraving.  I expect I will need 8-10 weeks from the close of ordering to complete the entire project.  If I can finish sooner, I will certainly let you know.  However, I am not in control of everything and if there should be a delay, I will let you know as soon as possible.

Honor System:

In order to maintain fairness to all, please do not submit a request for a brush(es) unless you are certain of your willingness and ability to purchase it in accordance with the instructions and process described above.

Returns:

These brushes will be made to order. No returns will be accepted except in cases of material defect in materials or workmanship.

4 722
 03-05-2022, 07:57 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Order placed!
Badger

22 6,242
 03-05-2022, 08:05 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Order placed

54 22,368
 03-06-2022, 03:45 AM
User Info
Hello,

I just read the message completely and I don't understand why the orders are only for people from the United States? I am in France and therefore cannot order this beautiful badger, I am disappointed that I cannot order this badger. Have a nice day.

Attached Files Image(s)

0 3
 03-06-2022, 05:51 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(03-06-2022, 03:45 AM)james49 Wrote: Hello,

I just read the message completely and I don't understand why the orders are only for people from the United States? I am in France and therefore cannot order this beautiful badger, I am disappointed that I cannot order this badger. Have a nice day.

I believe it has something to do with exports specifically related to the knot.

However, Bob Quinn explains a way to make international purchases work: https://eliterazor.com/faqs/

22 6,242
 03-06-2022, 06:23 AM
User Info
Bob, thank you for undertaking this project for TSN.  You've built a great brush.  I ordered a bulb.

60 11,775
 03-06-2022, 01:31 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info

I'm afraid I do not have an export license for "Biological Products", which includes a Badger hair knot.  Additionally, many countries have strict import restrictions of Biological Products that may include tariffs and quarantine restrictions.  As a result of these varying constraints and costs, I only ship within the United States.  Many of my international customers have taken advantage of package forwarding services, as outlined in the FAQS section on my website (http://www.eliterazor.com).

Bob

4 722
 03-06-2022, 01:42 PM
User Info
Thank you for your reply. Cordially.

0 3
 03-07-2022, 10:04 AM
User Info
Bob, will the user ID be engraved on the brush or just the tenth anniversary logo? Doesn't matter to me either way, just curious.

Dave

1 158
 03-07-2022, 02:21 PM
  • Puma
  • Orlando, FL
User Info
Beautiful handle. I will definitely be reserving one. I've had several of Bob's brushes with Manchurian White knots and also had at least one knot set into a Wolf Whisker's handle.

19 1,130
 03-07-2022, 02:50 PM
User Info
(03-06-2022, 05:51 AM)chazt Wrote:

I believe it has something to do with exports specifically related to the knot.

However, Bob Quinn explains a way to make international purchases work: https://eliterazor.com/faqs/

I can vouch for the likes of Shipito - I'm in the UK.
Nice looking brush.

0 22
 03-08-2022, 10:44 AM
  • Bony
  • New York , USA
User Info
I would like to know Bob Quinn experience in brush making?

13 568
 03-08-2022, 11:09 AM
User Info
(03-08-2022, 10:44 AM)Bony Wrote: I would like to know Bob Quinn experience in brush making?

Hope these links help;

https://eliterazor.com/

2 242
 03-08-2022, 11:19 AM
User Info
(03-08-2022, 10:44 AM)Bony Wrote: I would like to know Bob Quinn experience in brush making?

Bob has been a TSN Artisan since 2012.  He is widely considered to be among the best artisan brush makers.  His work is highly regarded and we are fortunate that he agreed to undertake this project for TSN.

60 11,775
 03-08-2022, 08:01 PM
User Info
Nice looking brush.

Ordered! Smile

Thanks everyone for putting this together and commemorating the 10th Anniversary of The Shave Nook!

3 316
 03-09-2022, 04:28 AM
User Info
Cool brush.  Ordered.  Thanks for this 10th anna. offering.

24 900
 03-09-2022, 07:45 AM
  • Eskimo
User Info

A very reasonable request.  I've been building custom shaving equipment since 2008.  I work in wood, stone, metal and poured resin and each handle is turned by hand in my shop.  I have been fortunate enough to have sent over 3,500 custom razors and brushes out into the world over the past 14 years.

Bob

4 722
 03-09-2022, 01:48 PM
User Info
One of the nice features of this LE release is that one can select either a fan or bulb knot.  I'm curious as to which will be more popular.  My guess is that more guys will choose bulbs, but you gentlemen will make that decision.  So, if you purchased one of these, did you choose a fan or a bulb?

I opted for a bulb.

60 11,775
 03-09-2022, 02:10 PM
User Info
(03-09-2022, 01:48 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: One of the nice features of this LE release is that one can select either a fan or bulb knot.  I'm curious as to which will be more popular.  My guess is that more guys will choose bulbs, but you gentlemen will make that decision.  So, if you purchased one of these, did you choose a fan or a bulb?

I opted for a bulb.
Just ordered a FAN. I haven't yet heard back, whether my order will be confirmed...

101 7,594
 03-09-2022, 02:12 PM
  • Eskimo
User Info
(03-09-2022, 01:48 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: One of the nice features of this LE release is that one can select either a fan or bulb knot.  I'm curious as to which will be more popular.  My guess is that more guys will choose bulbs, but you gentlemen will make that decision.  So, if you purchased one of these, did you choose a fan or a bulb?

I opted for a bulb.

At this point, it is 1/3 Bulb and 2/3 Fan.

Bob

4 722