04-04-2022, 11:29 PM
  • jony844
  • Norfolk, Virginia, USA
User Info
 04-05-2022, 04:31 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Haven't tried the red tube yet but like the blue one as it is not as intense mentholated as Proaso green.  Very slick stuff!

0 269
 04-05-2022, 04:45 AM
User Info
I went through a tube of red Cremo about 12 years ago.  It was okay, but I haven't seen a need to get it again.  If I need a brushless cream for a quick shave, I use canned shaving foam from Proraso or Barbasol.  Perhaps I'll give Cremo another try.

60 11,776
 04-05-2022, 07:37 AM
  • Bax
User Info
If I need a quick shave, I use a stick (Wilkinson, Tabac, Palmolive, Speick, La Toja), and either lather it up with fingertips on my face or a teeny-tiny little Proraso travel brush that's super-easy to wet, use, and rinse. Lathering without the brush is faster, but I figure I can spare 10 extra seconds to rinse the tiny Proraso travel brush when I'm done.  I haven't tried Cremo - it's on my "to do" list.
  :-)
- Bax

0 443
 04-05-2022, 07:31 PM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
Cremo is certainly - something.  People who like it really like it, people who don't - really don't.  

For the old school - gone is that primary pina-colada/coconut scent.  The red top tube is a more 'barbershop-y' scent now.  The Blue cap is a mentholish mix.  Won't make you forget proraso, but isn't' half bad.  

I use it occasionally - if you follow the directions on the tube it will deliver a very close shave - with any razor/blade you choose.
Whether you *enjoy* that shave, is a matter of personal preference.  I consider it utilitarian - it'll get you there ("there" being BBS or near BBS) - is it as enjoyable during the ride as more traditional shaving soaps/creams with a badger/boar?  Not for me - but - I can't argue that it doesn't work.  It's surprisingly slick and protective.  

It's also great for a quick clean up or travel - no need to wait on your brush to dry out.   There are other products that can do this of course (3P being one) but for the money, and it's availability in any chain pharmacy - you could do worse.

18 241
 04-07-2022, 07:32 AM
User Info
The way I like to use Cremo is load my brush with whichever soap I choose for that day and make a super lather by either putting a small dab on the tip of the loaded brush or just smearing some on my face then building my usual lather on top of it.

Makes for some absurdly slick lather.  Try it.  It's, in my opinion, the best product out there for making "superlathers".

For those unfamiliar with the term...
Superlather: Soap+ Cream mix
Uberlather: Soap+Cream+glycerin

0 17
 04-21-2022, 02:48 AM
  • jony844
  • Norfolk, Virginia, USA
User Info
(04-05-2022, 04:31 AM)Chappy Wrote: Haven't tried the red tube yet but like the blue one as it is not as intense mentholated as Proaso green.  Very slick stuff!

Very smooth and cool. Will never go back to any other.

0 10
 04-21-2022, 02:57 AM
  • jony844
  • Norfolk, Virginia, USA
User Info
(04-05-2022, 07:37 AM)Bax Wrote: If I need a quick shave, I use a stick (Wilkinson, Tabac, Palmolive, Speick, La Toja), and either lather it up with fingertips on my face or a teeny-tiny little Proraso travel brush that's super-easy to wet, use, and rinse. Lathering without the brush is faster, but I figure I can spare 10 extra seconds to rinse the tiny Proraso travel brush when I'm done.  I haven't tried Cremo - it's on my "to do" list.
  :-)
- Bax

Best wishes to you. Very slick and I’ve had no nicks.

0 10