04-04-2022, 11:45 PM
User Info
In New to Arko, and bought some pucks at a bargain price. I had  a most superb shave with it . It fits In the bottom of a shave mug which I leave uncovered. Wow, what a LOT of water it takes. I covered it in nearly half inch of warm water, and after 2 minutes, soaked up the whole lot of water with a brush, making lather in the mug. Creamy rich and super glide.  Face soft and hydrated . 
Ok, the scent would have been better in a nice rose! However, it does become lighter and less clinical as it lives in the uncovered mug. 
The soap and shave will match any top tier soap and cream.

0 241
 04-05-2022, 03:09 AM
User Info
I haven't used Arko in the red tub for years, but I like it.  Arko is controversial and often criticized, yet it manages to survive in the market.  With the demise of Williams there may be a renewed interest in Arko.

60 11,775
 04-05-2022, 04:28 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
I'm about to finish my first tube of Arko.  Once I learned how to lather it it is a pretty good shave soap.  Although I'm okay with the smell there are better smelling shave soaps out there so will probably be awhile before I buy more.

0 268
 04-05-2022, 05:50 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Never tried Arko. Maybe down the road…

22 6,242
 04-05-2022, 07:05 PM
User Info
Arko is a great shave and the scent is just fine to me.  It's just wrong on so many levels though urinal puck makers ripped the scent from Arko when they could've went with Tabac instead.

How to make a puck of soap.

2 242
 04-05-2022, 07:15 PM
User Info
I have it in both tub/puck and stick.  I'm in the pro-Arko camp.  Great performance at a bargain price.  And yes, I find the scent pleasant Rolleyes

2 46
 04-06-2022, 10:26 AM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
(04-05-2022, 03:09 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I haven't used Arko in the red tub for years, but I like it.  Arko is controversial and often criticized, yet it manages to survive in the market.  With the demise of Williams there may be a renewed interest in Arko.

The Williams thing... haven't tried Arko yet.  But I'll be ordering some shortly.  I've been wanting to try it anyways.  But with the Williams going the way of the DoDo, I need another sub$10 go to soap.  And having read all the smack on it's aroma, I'm doubly intrigued.  And one more thing...if I like it, I'll be buying a load of it in case they go belly up all of a sudden.

0 772
 04-06-2022, 10:32 PM
User Info
(04-06-2022, 10:26 AM)2Chops Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 03:09 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I haven't used Arko in the red tub for years, but I like it.  Arko is controversial and often criticized, yet it manages to survive in the market.  With the demise of Williams there may be a renewed interest in Arko.

The Williams thing... haven't tried Arko yet.  But I'll be ordering some shortly.  I've been wanting to try it anyways.  But with the Williams going the way of the DoDo, I need another sub$10 go to soap.  And having read all the smack on it's aroma, I'm doubly intrigued.  And one more thing...if I like it, I'll be buying a load of it in case they go belly up all of a sudden.

The shaves with Arko get better and better. Lather is so silky smooth and great soft face after. I swear it is better than expensive high end soaps I've used. The scent is now very faint as the mug it is in is left open. Scents do mean little to me anyway as I've a poor sense of smell.

0 241
 04-07-2022, 12:15 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
So here's a question for those who have used Arko in the tub and in the stick.  Any difference in the performance between the two?

0 772