10-09-2012, 01:29 AM
User Info
I did it again - bought a Duke 3 ButterScotch in Manchurian........ Biggrin

Mark made me do it - I could not resist it Blush

[Image: buttduke3manch.jpg]

Hope Manchurian badger hair really is a high quality part of the badgers hair, and not just a finer part of the Pure badger hairs, that some suspect it very well could be......

I know several has expressed their disappointment with this type of hair - not worth all the hype.....

I had to find out the hard way - by getting one of my favorite Simpson brushes with a knot size that won't make the bloom feel too big, which I'm afraid it would be in say a Chubby 2 Manchurian and most certainly in a Chubby 3 Manchurian.
I also happen to like the Simpson ButterScotch handles, so payed an overprice for this Duke 3 ButterScotch Manchurian brush.......

Hope I won't be disappointed shelling out the £199 including VAT and shipment for this little neat brush (yeah, all EU countries get to pay 20% VAT, while the rest of the world don't ) Dodgy

Pictures will follow, if anyone is interested........ Cool

22 5,058
 10-09-2012, 02:22 AM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
Beautiful brush, I hope it works out for you.

12 743
 10-09-2012, 02:23 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
What do you mean, if anyone is interested. Heck yes, we are interested. Not only do we want pictures, we want your review of this beautiful brush.

173 23,535
 10-09-2012, 02:27 AM
User Info
You did this all on your own my friend ;-)

Mark

ps - I picked you out a beauty.

1 630
 10-09-2012, 03:12 AM
  • VTMAX
  • Banned
  • Woodstock, Vermont
User Info
Mark did pick out a stunner. As far as I am concerned the Chubby 2 IS Simpsons and everyone should have it's little brother the Duke 3 in their rotation. The butterscotch fits the 'Halloween' season just fine.Wink

42 1,041
 10-09-2012, 03:16 AM
User Info
........ it is a beautiful brush....

.....enjoy it in good health and for many years to come...

39 1,054
 10-09-2012, 03:30 AM
User Info
Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy in good health.

It looks fantastic.

7 1,179
 10-09-2012, 04:42 AM
User Info
Just topped up the petty cash draw with a treat for me.

Could not resist - so looking forward to tomorrow morning!

All this Butterscotch leaving the door was starting to tug on the heartstrings Wink

Mark

Attached Files Image(s)

1 630
 10-09-2012, 04:45 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Oh, gee thanks Mark, just what I did not need to see this morning. I wish I had some petty cash, I would own one of those.

173 23,535
 10-09-2012, 05:02 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I'm so jealous of that Duke. If I could pick one brush that would be it.

45 3,955
 10-09-2012, 05:45 AM
User Info
I don't know what happened must have been an immaculate conception.................Biggrin

3 198
 10-09-2012, 06:15 AM
User Info
(10-09-2012, 02:22 AM)oscar11 Wrote: Beautiful brush, I hope it works out for you.

I hope so too - the Duke 3 2-band was the first brush I acquired after living with my Mühle Sophist 23 mm 3-Band Silvertip for 6 months (but a great 6 months time with just one brush) that really convinced me that thre are better brushes out there, that are worth the extra investment.

Beforet that I had bought the Duke 2 in Best, a really really overpriced Pils 3-band Silvertip and a Men Ü Synthetic brush that all left me with a not so great impression. The Duke 3 in 2-Band turned me around.
Since that I have not looked back.......... Wink

(10-09-2012, 02:23 AM)Johnny Wrote: What do you mean, if anyone is interested. Heck yes, we are interested. Not only do we want pictures, we want your review of this beautiful brush.

I promose I will post pics of this Duke 3 Manchurian ButterScotch together with my Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 2-Bander Stubby 2XL that should come with the postmen soon...... Badger

(10-09-2012, 02:27 AM)Simpson1919 Wrote: You did this all on your own my friend ;-)

Mark

ps - I picked you out a beauty.

Thanks A LOT Mark, I really appreciate your help here.
What can I say - you're the man Aaaaa

I saw you had Duke 3 Manchurian in ButterScotch in stock and thought about PM'ing you for a little discount, but then thought 'What the heck - I'll save that discount for when Mark has a Chubby 3 2-Bander in ButterScotch ready' - that brush will cost me an arm and a leg anyway, the Duke 3 Manchurian ButterScotch @ £199 is cheap compared to that brush Biggrin

The Chubby 3 in 2-Band ButterScotch is probably going to be my final Simpson brush (yeaaahhhh right) - then my collection is complete for face lathering (Duke 3 2-Band, Duke 3 Manchurian, Chubby 2 2-Band, Chubby 3 2-Band) - I don't bowl lather, so Polo's are out (even though they are among the best bowl lather brushes in the world IMHO - though their prices are steep, very steep now - the Polo 10 Super 3-band and 2-Band are among the best bowl lather brushes ever made, just not aimed at me, a guy who founded the TOFLAC-U The Face Lather Community on that other forum Wink)

I hope I'm not taking anything for granted here, Mark Blush

Thanks again, I really appreciate it !

(10-09-2012, 03:12 AM)VTMAX Wrote: Mark did pick out a stunner. As far as I am concerned the Chubby 2 IS Simpsons and everyone should have it's little brother the Duke 3 in their rotation. The butterscotch fits the 'Halloween' season just fine.Wink

I already own the Duke 3 in 2-Band and the Chubby 2 in 2-Band - bith are excellent brushes, and the Chubby 2 in 2-band might be my overall favorite brush among the 28 high quality badger brushes I currently own.
My plan was to originally stick with one 3-Band Silvertip badger brush - the Mühle Sophist 3-Band Silvertip, then added a couple of others, sold some - then boguth some - and now I have 28 badgers - 2-band or 3-Band - don't know what happened...... SBAD kicked in, I guess Tongue

I admire brushes more so than I do razors - and even shaving creams, I still have 68 shaving creams in collection and have to buy LARGER and shave more often and use MORE PRODUCT, before the shelf life of these creams will kill me Blank

(10-09-2012, 03:16 AM)leonidas Wrote: ........ it is a beautiful brush....

.....enjoy it in good health and for many years to come...

Thanks - already own the Duke 3 in 2-Band and the Chubby 2 in 2-Band- Both are really really high quality brushes - and among my favorites in my 28 badger brush (2-band and 3-Band) collection......

(10-09-2012, 03:30 AM)Dipesh Wrote: Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy in good health.

It looks fantastic.

Thanks, Sir

(10-09-2012, 04:45 AM)Johnny Wrote: Oh, gee thanks Mark, just what I did not need to see this morning. I wish I had some petty cash, I would own one of those.

Ohhhh My god - Mark, you're teasing me and my credit card this afternoon Blush
God da_rn it - that is awesome looking - I need that too, Mark !
You're killing me - the Chubby 3 2-band must wait......ohhhhh My goddddddd........ my GF will kill me

(10-09-2012, 05:02 AM)tgutc Wrote: I'm so jealous of that Duke. If I could pick one brush that would be it.

Or the Chubby 2 ButterScotch Manchurian, mark just showed us all Blush Blush
(10-09-2012, 05:45 AM)missingskin Wrote: I don't know what happened must have been an immaculate conception.................Biggrin

Nice Duke's, Sir - FREAKIN' AMAZING brushes you got there Number_one

22 5,058
 10-09-2012, 06:22 AM
  • Persius
  • On the learning curve
  • Reading, England
User Info
Those 2-band Duke 3s are unbeatable ... far and away my favourite brush.

Enjoy your new acquisition.

1 290
 10-09-2012, 06:22 AM
User Info
(10-09-2012, 04:42 AM)Simpson1919 Wrote: Just topped up the petty cash draw with a treat for me.

Could not resist - so looking forward to tomorrow morning!

All this Butterscotch leaving the door was starting to tug on the heartstrings Wink

Mark

Ohhh My freakin' GODDDDDDDD, Mark - that thing is a total BEAUTY !!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6911]

BEAUTiFUL !!!

22 5,058
 10-09-2012, 06:23 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
That is a lot of stuff for a man with only two cheeks and 7-days in a week to use them.Biggrin

I wish I had your problem.Smile

173 23,535
 10-09-2012, 06:35 AM
User Info
Crap, I want another butterscotch but my Duke 3 in 2 band is my favorite brush. What to do. Sad

Markkkk... Make me something custom with the same knot as my Duke!

4 156
 10-09-2012, 06:45 AM
User Info
my god, what a beautiful post!! congrats to you both on your magnificent additions...Bow

0 237
 10-09-2012, 06:47 AM
User Info
Hello Claus, That is a mighty fine looking brush:

Butterscotch Duke D3 "Manchurian" I can only speak for myself, but they are so very different from two Super two (2) band and three (3) band super.

You are going to love it. It is like no other hair. Did I say you are going to love this.

I can see what you mean about Mark's: Butterscotch Chubby 2 " Manchurian" that is one bungle of hair.

Hope you enjoy.

Charles U.K

0 2,339
 10-09-2012, 08:04 AM
User Info
(10-09-2012, 06:23 AM)Johnny Wrote: That is a lot of stuff for a man with only two cheeks and 7-days in a week to use them.Biggrin

I wish I had your problem.Smile

He…he - what I clearly said on the beginning has now happened. I have so many brushes, that I seriously have to dust them off before use - with 28 brushes in rotation, I will use the same brush in my rotation every 7.th week……

(10-09-2012, 06:45 AM)Str8 Shaver Wrote: my god, what a beautiful post!! congrats to you both on your magnificent additions...Bow

Thanks a lot, mate !

(10-09-2012, 06:47 AM)whatmorebrushs Wrote: Hello Claus, That is a mighty fine looking brush:

Butterscotch Duke D3 "Manchurian" I can only speak for myself, but they are so very different from two Super two (2) band and three (3) band super.

You are going to love it. It is like no other hair. Did I say you are going to love this.

I can see what you mean about Mark's: Butterscotch Chubby 2 " Manchurian" that is one bungle of hair.

Hope you enjoy.

Charles U.K

Thanks - I hope so too, especially now that Mark has handpicked me a beauty !
I must say that Chubby 2 ButterScotch mnchurian is very very tempting, if Mark could do a little deal for me - now that I just bought the Duke 3 ButterScotch Manchurian - cross my fingers :-)

You also think the Chubby 2 Manchurian would sprad out a bit too much/bloom too much ?
I'm a face latherer and have a slim medium to large face, so in fact I should avoid the larger than 28 mm knot in anything else but 2-Band (2-Band blooms 50% less than 3-band in my experience) to avoid getting lather in my ears and nostrils during the shave……
I also feel a too large brush with too large a bloom is more difficult to massage the cream into lather on your face.
Bowl latherer don't have this problem, as the lather is made in the bowl - so they just apply the lather to their face. Us face latherer need to massage directly on our face to create the lather - hence I want a medium to large bloom, not XXL bloom….. Euro

22 5,058
 10-09-2012, 09:10 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Looking forward to read your impressions about the "Manchurian" badger hair.

86 7,123