04-20-2022, 10:27 PM
User Info
I have been bouncing an idea around in my head for a good long time, so I decided to do a little experiment. A trial balloon, as it were… the only question being, how y’all like it?

Yes, it is the first chapter of my first book. But narrated for those times when want to listen instead of read, I guess.

3 7,942
 04-21-2022, 08:12 AM
  • Bax
User Info
Interesting idea, Hans.  
Not keen on the robotic voice, though.    

Maybe you could get a sultry vocalist like Norah Jones to narrate?  

Just a thought...
  :-)
- Bax

0 443
 04-21-2022, 11:43 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Hans, that was pretty cool Cool Exclamation

Did you enter the text into a text to voice program, or is there a visual/reader interface?

Either way, thanks for the entertainment Wink

22 6,243
 04-21-2022, 03:18 PM
User Info
It was fine for me once I got used to the robotic voice.  Are you doing the entire book as an audible?

60 11,775
 04-21-2022, 10:55 PM
User Info
Thanks for the feedback Smile

@Bax: I think she might be a little out of my budget, which is currently zero Tongue

@Chatz: Used a basic freeware TTS program that uses the built in voices in Windows... I have started looking for a better software/voice combo though.

@Ricardo: Not going to do an audiobook per se, I think (famous last words)

I am toying with the idea of doing a YouTube channel... as of today I got over 200 posts tagged as "patent" on my blog, so at a rate of two a month, that is over seven years worth of material. Even if I just uses the ones I've put in my semi-curated selections (i.e.: in my two (so far) books), that is almost six years worth. Or half that, if I do weekly videos.

3 7,942
 05-11-2022, 08:58 PM
User Info
Today there is a second take on that experiment, building on feedback I got - both here and elsewhere -  the first time around.

Different TTS-software. Shorter intro. Less static imagery. I still trying to work out the process of making videos like these, so I can do it smoothly and without too much frustration. Any additional feedback is still welcome.

Next draft may be more colourful. Or perhaps not. Depends on what people think Smile

3 7,942
 05-12-2022, 04:25 AM
User Info
The new TTS software is a big improvement, Hans.

60 11,775
 05-12-2022, 08:56 AM
User Info
I quite enjoyed the second version. The robot voice the first time was a bit too... uhmm... robotic, I guess...

1 50