06-08-2022, 07:34 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
We were the first U.S. vendor to import Le Pere Lucien back in 2012. We got away from it for a few years due to the pandemic but, I am happy to announce that it is back at BullGoose.  This shipment includes 5 different soap scents with matching aftershaves plus the new Lainess Unscented Donkey Milk Shaving Soap. 

The Le Pere Lucien shaving sops are made in France with the finest ingredients and an innovative method. Cyril combines vegetable oils, potash and vegetable glycerin without preservatives or bleach additives. They are known for both their performance and the skin conditioning qualities (not to mention top shelf scents). Please check it out.

[Image: fFg4tmj.jpg][Image: 1Xrp53h.jpg]

54 22,410
 06-08-2022, 10:43 AM
User Info
That is good news, Phil! Not that I need to add to my considerable stockpile of their outstanding and long-lasting 200 gram pucks of soap. How are their 150 gram tallow soaps nowadays? I remember that I got 2 different scents of that stuff and felt guilty about panning it in a review because it wouldn't lather no matter what I did. If they made it come up to their vegan soap quality it would surely be a lovely soap.

0 6
 06-08-2022, 04:17 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I’ve enjoyed the oud-santal soap. No problems lathering that one. One or two of the other scented soaps were less cooperative. Tbh, I don’t recall which scents were vegan and which were tallow. The unscented version was vegan, iirc.

22 6,360
 06-08-2022, 06:04 PM
User Info
(06-08-2022, 10:43 AM)SoapyPete Wrote: ... How are their 150 gram tallow soaps nowadays? ...because it wouldn't lather no matter what I did. If they made it come up to their vegan soap quality it would surely be a lovely soap.

My experience the LPL tallow soaps is quite different.  I used and liked the glycerine version of LPL's Abricot soap but based on favorable reviews purchased the tallowate version of Abricot when it came out.  In my experience the tallowate Abricot provided a far superior shaving experience.  Obviously YMMV.

0 83
 06-08-2022, 06:14 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(06-08-2022, 06:04 PM)Mazama Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 10:43 AM)SoapyPete Wrote: ... How are their 150 gram tallow soaps nowadays? ...because it wouldn't lather no matter what I did. If they made it come up to their vegan soap quality it would surely be a lovely soap.

My experience the LPL tallow soaps is quite different.  I used and liked the glycerine version of LPL's Abricot soap but based on favorable reviews purchased the tallowate version of Abricot when it came out.  In my experience the tallowate Abricot provided a far superior shaving experience.  Obviously YMMV.
I have not used the new tallow formula but this is what I have heard as well. I need to bring a tin home.

54 22,410
 06-08-2022, 06:19 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
We added Tobacco from the new Phoebus line as well as unscented Lainess donkey milk soap. 

[Image: uJYiBTT.jpg][Image: mKXHSNz.jpg]

54 22,410
 06-08-2022, 06:49 PM
User Info
(06-08-2022, 06:04 PM)Mazama Wrote:

I've used the non-tallow Apricot with good results.  The scent is great.  I recently noticed that the Apricot was reformulated with tallow, but have not tried it.  It's interesting you find the tallow version superior.

60 11,862
 06-08-2022, 06:54 PM
User Info
(06-08-2022, 10:43 AM)SoapyPete Wrote: That is good news, Phil! Not that I need to add to my considerable stockpile of their outstanding and long-lasting 200 gram pucks of soap. How are their 150 gram tallow soaps nowadays? I remember that I got 2 different scents of that stuff and felt guilty about panning it in a review because it wouldn't lather no matter what I did. If they made it come up to their vegan soap quality it would surely be a lovely soap.

I've gone through 3 tins of the tallow Oud-Santal in the past 10 years, and am currently working through a fourth tin a generous member sent me.   The scent is superb and it lathers fine with Miami's hard water.

60 11,862
 06-08-2022, 09:55 PM
User Info
Well, YMMV is the clear lesson here. And I need to correct myself, too: not all of the hard LPL soaps had the tallow recipe. And, on looking at the offerings posted currently, both hard soaps are vegan. I'm not sure I want to risk trying them out, though, given my experience. I'm glad others are able to enjoy them--and happy to know my review didn't suppress sales of this fine brand.

0 6
 06-09-2022, 05:23 AM
User Info
(06-08-2022, 07:34 AM)bullgoose Wrote: We were the first U.S. vendor to import Le Pere Lucien back in 2012. We got away from it for a few years due to the pandemic but, I am happy to announce that it is back at BullGoose.  This shipment includes 5 different soap scents with matching aftershaves plus the new Lainess Unscented Donkey Milk Shaving Soap. 

The Le Pere Lucien shaving sops are made in France with the finest ingredients and an innovative method. Cyril combines vegetable oils, potash and vegetable glycerin without preservatives or bleach additives. They are known for both their performance and the skin conditioning qualities (not to mention top shelf scents). Please check it out.

[Image: fFg4tmj.jpg]

Our newer members may not know that the LPL Oud-Santal was initially released as a TSN Limited Edition.  The soap was so well received that the LE sold out and there were one or two additional runs of it.  When the LE was no longer available, LPL added the Oud-Santal as a regular offering.  I liked this soap so much that I purchased three tins of the LE, all of which are long gone.  You will see minor differences in the label between the LE and current versions, but it remains the same excellent tallow soap.

[Image: esSwHhX.jpg]

60 11,862
 06-09-2022, 09:18 AM
User Info
(06-09-2022, 05:23 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 07:34 AM)bullgoose Wrote: We were the first U.S. vendor to import Le Pere Lucien back in 2012. We got away from it for a few years due to the pandemic but, I am happy to announce that it is back at BullGoose.  This shipment includes 5 different soap scents with matching aftershaves plus the new Lainess Unscented Donkey Milk Shaving Soap. 

[Image: fFg4tmj.jpg]

Our newer members may not know that the LPL Oud-Santal was initially released as a TSN Limited Edition.  The soap was so well received that the LE sold out and there were one or two additional runs of it.  When the LE was no longer available, LPL added the Oud-Santal as a regular offering.  I liked this soap so much that I purchased three tins of the LE, all of which are long gone.  You will see minor differences in the label between the LE and current versions, but it remains the same excellent tallow soap.

[Image: esSwHhX.jpg]
Was your day job Master Enabler, Ricardo? You are making me quite curious about this soap.  Wink

101 7,632
 06-09-2022, 10:47 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Primo, the scent is mesmerizing.

22 6,360
 06-09-2022, 10:48 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Intoxicating.

22 6,360
 06-09-2022, 11:04 AM
User Info
Primo, as a gentleman who appreciates Oud, you may like the LPL Oud-Santal.

60 11,862
 06-09-2022, 04:39 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
 06-14-2022, 12:43 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
 06-15-2022, 02:31 AM
User Info
For me, the Oud-Santal is excellent both in scent and performance.

24 901
 06-16-2022, 06:33 AM
User Info
(06-15-2022, 02:31 AM)LookingGlass Wrote: For me, the Oud-Santal is excellent both in scent and performance.

Agreed.  It's an outstanding soap.

60 11,862
 06-16-2022, 08:53 AM
User Info
Is it a more oud forward or a sandalwood forward scent?

Sent from my V2040 using Tapatalk

4 1,404