07-14-2022, 08:42 AM
User Info
the red one, the almond has me interested.  The few reviews ive seen make it out to be a version of cella made by someone else. 

But just what is the soap itself like in behavior?  And how strong is the scent?

0 65
 07-14-2022, 06:06 PM
  • Nero
User Info
I haven't used this red one, but had the green one in the same line you're talking about.
Honestly, probably the worst batch/line of any of the TFS soaps I've ever tried. And the tub is tiny, and hard to load from.
I had a TFS phase a few years ago, and bought dozens of different scents and formulas (including the soaps they make for other brands). There are a couple I still like, but IMO most scents and performance aren't great, especially by today's standards.
If you're going for "value", there are plenty of other brands more worthy of your exploration and money.

103 4,224
 07-14-2022, 06:18 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Matt, it’s good to see your post. How’ve you been? Enjoying the summer?

22 6,557
 07-14-2022, 06:34 PM
User Info
(07-14-2022, 06:06 PM)Nero Wrote: I haven't used this red one, but had the green one in the same line you're talking about.
Honestly, probably the worst batch/line of any of the TFS soaps I've ever tried. And the tub is tiny, and hard to load from.
I had a TFS phase a few years ago, and bought dozens of different scents and formulas (including the soaps they make for other brands). There are a couple I still like, but IMO most scents and performance aren't great, especially by today's standards.
If you're going for "value", there are plenty of other brands more worthy of your exploration and money.

That Saturnia though……..

6 588
 07-14-2022, 07:07 PM
  • Nero
User Info
(07-14-2022, 06:34 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: That Saturnia though……..

Yessir, you know it. If not the best, then very very close.
Unique scent THAT'S ACTUALLY (very) GOOD. And not something that would get tiresome easily.
Scent: Tuscan herbs and sulphur rich minerals.
In the style of C&E Sienna but with an airy sulphur note.
And great shave performance and skin care. It's a different formula from all the others (at least, to my knowledge)... Has olive oil, sulphur, and shea butter.

103 4,224
 07-14-2022, 08:59 PM
User Info
it sounded fun, i do admit that i should not be surprised, they make the rozo rock stuff and i never liked that when i tried some.

0 65