07-14-2022, 11:58 PM
User Info
Ive been out of the loop, ive strickly been a limited selection person since i discovered all of my nifty allergies with things. 

citrus, most scents, i cant eat oats due to being gluten intollerant but somehow that translated to not being able to use ach brito lavande as that stuff was wonderful and perfect, even the scent was perfect for me, until the horrible burning sensation started everywhere the soap went on me. 

With Valobra gone, and trumpers and tobs going to a new formula, and harris website still saying tallow...  what the heck does a boy do?

i was thinking of trying the Taylors shaving scuttle soap as its supposed super light smelling and the 57 gram size shouldnt last me for years and years. 

With so many soaps being filled with things like clay, artificial sweetener, menthol, citrus, etc does it even pay to bother with what one shaves with?

id like a hard soap i can stockpile if i likes it.

0 65
 07-15-2022, 04:04 AM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Fortunately I personally haven't seen allergies to any soaps, aftershaves, colognes, etc.  (knock on wood)  Many of us could make recommendations but we don't know all of your ailments.  Only suggestion I have is to read the ingredients listed for the soap as you would be the best one to know if it will work for you or not.  Good luck with it!

0 301
 07-15-2022, 04:14 AM
User Info
unscented soaps may be the trick
Declaration grooming makes a nice bison tallow soap
also recommended:
Wholly Kaw
Zingari Man

76 2,323
 07-15-2022, 07:18 AM
User Info
I have a few options but it gets awfully limited after a while. 

some that might be doable at 30$+ a puck,  or go back to cella... and deal with its lovely habit of drawing wasps in summer.

0 65
 07-15-2022, 10:50 AM
User Info
Would you like some help finding new options, or were you just venting?

36 2,333
 07-15-2022, 01:03 PM
User Info
Grooming Dept

6 232
 07-15-2022, 10:24 PM
User Info
(07-15-2022, 10:50 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Would you like some help finding new options, or were you just venting?

venting and pondering on what things will work. have a short list of interests, although i wonder if a 1 ounce "sample" from stirling is actually too much

anticabarbieriacolla

leperelucien

The weaker scented lavender and almond offerings from DR Harris

cyril r salter hard soap, impression its nearly nuetral smelling

0 65
 07-16-2022, 03:32 PM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
It's difficult to make recommendations, as already noted, but I'll mention one in any case.  Meißner Tremonia Pure.

No fragrance, and, as far as I know, no synthetic ingredients.  Some of my friends who have skin allergies use it and have no problems.  I've also used it, and several other Meisner soaps, and think they're excellent.

1 758
 07-16-2022, 03:35 PM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
I love several Rose shaving soaps.  In fact, it might be my favourite scent.  But, sadly, my wife appears to be allergic to anything Rose scented, so I can't use them.  

I used to keep a couple in the cupboard and pull them out when she wasn't home, but she claims she can still smell them in the bathroom, so they had to go.

1 758
 07-16-2022, 04:36 PM
User Info
(07-16-2022, 03:35 PM)David Wrote: I love several Rose shaving soaps.  In fact, it might be my favourite scent.  But, sadly, my wife appears to be allergic to anything Rose scented, so I can't use them.  

I used to keep a couple in the cupboard and pull them out when she wasn't home, but she claims she can still smell them in the bathroom, so they had to go.

there is a large discrepency in what makes "rose" into a "rose" scent. 

it is hard to search for a soap, particularly when userX "just loves" soaps you have tried and found to be worthless, and they are the only one whos mentioned using something you might like.

0 65
 07-16-2022, 06:44 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
Martin de Candre, and they have unscented too.

Edit: saw your other post, never mind

9 905
 08-12-2022, 12:42 PM
User Info
(07-16-2022, 03:32 PM)David Wrote: It's difficult to make recommendations, as already noted, but I'll mention one in any case.  Meißner Tremonia Pure.

No fragrance, and, as far as I know, no synthetic ingredients.  Some of my friends who have skin allergies use it and have no problems.  I've also used it, and several other Meisner soaps, and think they're excellent.

As a (happy) customer, I too can warmly recommend Meißner Tremonia (MT) brand. In addition to shaving soap, I am also in love with their aftershave balm. Both are fantastic products. MT rocks! I also can recommend another products from Speick. I have both brands on daily rotation, and unless something drastic would force me, I have no plans to change any time soon for something else. Both companies are extremely careful what they put into their products. I don't really care about smell as much what it does to my skin, and as long time user I have nothing but praise for both of them.

0 13