08-11-2022, 07:36 AM
User Info
Hello from Oregon.  I am a retired engineer and live in the Willamette Valley.  Started using a traditional safety razor a few months ago after many years of cartridge razors, electric razors, disposal razors, or whatever else I could find to get through what I considered a necessary, tedious and time-wasting exercise.  I remember using a DE safety razor when I was in the service, way back when.  My drill sergeant made sure the razor was clean and positioned just so in my footlocker, on the top drawer and displayed on a clean white towel.  He was never satisfied.  Never grew a beard, mustache, or even long sideburns..  Just spent most of my life scraping off the stubble every morning as fast as I could.  Then, I watched an episode of Shark Tank and saw the Supply people talk about their newly invented SE razor.  I ordered one, and it was off to the races for me.  I was startled at what a nice experience it was to get a good shave.  Now I have moved on, trying out a number of different razors, blades, shaving soaps and so on.  One thing I have learned in my short experience in learning how to shave is one size does not fit all.  You need to find what is right for you, and the fun is in the never ending journey.  Wish I had learned the art of shaving much earlier in my life.

0 46
 08-11-2022, 07:40 AM
User Info
Well hell to you too!  Biggrin

Welcome!

0 605
 08-11-2022, 08:01 AM
User Info
(08-11-2022, 07:36 AM)Barry Wrote: Hello from Oregon.  I am a retired engineer and live in the Willamette Valley.  Started using a traditional safety razor a few months ago after many years of cartridge razors, electric razors, disposal razors, or whatever else I could find to get through what I considered a necessary, tedious and time-wasting exercise.  I remember using a DE safety razor when I was in the service, way back when.  My drill sergeant made sure the razor was clean and positioned just so in my footlocker, on the top drawer and displayed on a clean white towel.  He was never satisfied.  Never grew a beard, mustache, or even long sideburns..  Just spent most of my life scraping off the stubble every morning as fast as I could.  Then, I watched an episode of Shark Tank and saw the Supply people talk about their newly invented SE razor.  I ordered one, and it was off to the races for me.  I was startled at what a nice experience it was to get a good shave.  Now I have moved on, trying out a number of different razors, blades, shaving soaps and so on.  One thing I have learned in my short experience in learning how to shave is one size does not fit all.  You need to find what is right for you, and the fun is in the never ending journey.  Wish I had learned the art of shaving much earlier in my life.

Wish I had learned the art of shaving much earlier in my life.

don't we all

76 2,329
 08-11-2022, 08:05 AM
User Info
Barry, welcome to TSN.  We're glad you joined.

60 12,322
 08-11-2022, 08:27 AM
  • Wolf
  • Valencia, Spain
User Info
Welcome to TSN.

A greeting.

0 656
 08-11-2022, 09:31 AM
User Info
Welcome from West Tennessee

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

0 94
 08-11-2022, 11:49 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
Welcome from Happy Valley Or. I have some expertice and may be of help in your search for the perfect shave. Another Barry from Oregon

115 1,298
 08-11-2022, 02:36 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
Welcome Barry from the Great Lakes State - though I've a brother spent some time in Eugene & that is one beautiful place you live!

84 970
 08-11-2022, 03:16 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Seems you are not the only Oregonian in the group. Welcome to the forum and for sure, wish this had started years back for most of us.

0 723
 08-11-2022, 03:54 PM
  • Bax
User Info
Welcome!  
I, too, discovered the Joy of Shaving late.  Heck, for many years, I didn't have time to even THINK about wet shaving.  Electric razor...  BZZT... done, and out the door.  Then came the pandemic and telework.  Finally the stars aligned.  Glad to have you here in the Nook!  I bet you'll enjoy it.
There are lots of smart people here with some good advice.  
I'm not one of them.  
    ;-)
- Bax

0 532
 08-11-2022, 04:03 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Barry, welcome to the Shave Nook. Retired is good. Enjoy!
Nice pinot noir country where you are. Cheers Smile
See you on the forum.

22 6,984
 08-11-2022, 04:32 PM
User Info
Welcome to The Nook!!!

6 1,157
 08-11-2022, 06:00 PM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Welcome!