Poll: What do you shave with your SR or Shavette?
This poll is closed.
I shave my whole face.
60.00% of votes
I leave a moustache and/or goatee.
40.00% of votes
I shave my whole noggin!
0% of votes
* You voted for this item.
 08-13-2022, 05:37 PM
  • Bax
User Info
Some folks are clean-shaven.
Others have a moustache and/or goatee.
While still others use the straight razor to shave their heads.

IMHO the toughest part of the shave with a SR is around the mouth and chin, with all those conflicting angles and topographical challenges (but I've never shaved my head).  It'd be easier if I just used a SR/Shavette to do the sides.  Hmm... I wonder what percentage of us use the SR (or Shavette) for a clean shave, sides only (leaving moustache and/or goatee), and how many do the Telly Savalas thing.  Hey!  I'll make a poll to see!  Choose one above!

Right now, I'm the only vote, so the latest poll shows 100% of us shave our whole face!
   :-)
- Bax

0 532
 08-13-2022, 06:03 PM
User Info
I'm 38 and I've been wet shaving for more then 20 years. I've been using DE (90% of the time) and SE for the past 3 years and I leave a goatee because even though I still looks young, I look way too much young without it. But for the 18 years before that I strictly used shavette and straight and I used to shave all of it! I agree that the mustache and chin area is the most difficult part to learn, but eventually I found out how to shave it like a breeze. 

Thanks bax for that poll!

0 491
 08-14-2022, 03:07 PM
  • Bax
User Info
I'm up to shave number 14 with my Focus R-28 shavette, do I can shave like a breeze now too!  Of course, today's breeze was a little bit bloody...

In 14 shaves, I've had one tiny neck, one tiny cut, and today I wasn't paying attention for a moment and had the worst mishap yet... across my philtrum.  Ugh.

Interesting to see the poll so far.  The first time I checked, 2/3 of us shave everything, and 1/3 leave a beard and/or goatee... by the time I checked again, it was 75/25!  I'm glad folks who use SR/Shavettes are jumping in and answering the poll!  Will be fascinating to see how things shake out by the time it's over (I gave the poll a 30-day life span).
 :-)
- Bax

0 532
 08-14-2022, 04:42 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
I struggle with either a real straight or shavette (Feather SS using an AC blade).  Every fall I promise myself that come winter I'll teach myself how to get better than a SAS ..  when I have time.  I've even watched BoobToob videos without gaining any real purchase.  It's not that I get cut, but that certain areas won't shave well enough, despite buffing & burn

84 970
 08-20-2022, 06:17 PM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
I have a handlebar mustache.  So the upper lip and graspable extremities are off limits.

0 921