Wintergreen long cut, makes me happy.

[Image: nduNMKk.jpg]

0 605
 08-15-2022, 05:34 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Very interesting. I’ve never tried chewing tobacco. Have you enjoyed it for a long time?

Serious question,, do you chew indoors and use a spittoon or do you chew only outdoors?

22 6,984
 08-16-2022, 04:11 AM
User Info
(08-15-2022, 05:34 PM)chazt Wrote: Very interesting. I’ve never tried chewing tobacco. Have you enjoyed it for a long time?

Serious question,, do you chew indoors and use a spittoon or do you chew only outdoors?

Many years, then quit for around two years and started again about a month ago. I don't spit, I don't load up like a ball player, just a good pinch is all you need. Indoors, outdoors, doesn't matter, I've even fallen asleep with it in my mouth, although I don't recommend that. It's something everyone used to do, my old man always had a pinch of Copenhagen in his mouth, as did my brother. Had an uncle who cut a piece of "plug" tobacco to put in his mouth and kept the rest in the bib pocket of his overalls, apple flavor Beechnut. And of course my grandfather, and my father's brother and and sister used snuff, which did require spitting. Years ago I used leaf tobacco like Redman and Mail pouch, but you have to spit with those, and I don't like the inconvenience of that, so moist canned stuff for me, and I gotta have my wintergreen flavor!  Biggrin

0 605
 08-16-2022, 04:14 AM
User Info
Before anyone asks, no oral cancer with any of my family members, so, perhaps genetically resistant to that problem.

0 605
 08-16-2022, 09:28 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(08-16-2022, 04:11 AM)TobyC Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 05:34 PM)chazt Wrote: Very interesting. I’ve never tried chewing tobacco. Have you enjoyed it for a long time?

Many years, then quit for around two years and started again about a month ago. I don't spit, I don't load up like a ball player, just a good pinch is all you need. Indoors, outdoors, doesn't matter, I've even fallen asleep with it in my mouth, although I don't recommend that. It's something everyone used to do, my old man always had a pinch of Copenhagen in his mouth, as did my brother. Had an uncle who cut a piece of "plug" tobacco to put in his mouth and kept the rest in the bib pocket of his overalls, apple flavor Beechnut. And of course my grandfather, and my father's brother and and sister used snuff, which did require spitting. Years ago I used leaf tobacco like Redman and Mail pouch, but you have to spit with those, and I don't like the inconvenience of that, so moist canned stuff for me, and I gotta have my wintergreen flavor!  Biggrin

Thanks for the details, TC. I’m ignorant of chewing tobacco. I smoked cigarettes for years. And years. Quit dozens of times. Finally quit for good, probably some 15-18 years ago at this point. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you quit? My daughter caught me (I was a secret smoker for many years) while I was taking a walk one afternoon. She pitched a fit. I strongly wanted to quit then. Cut down to less than a pack a week. One day I was out walking the dog and having a smoke. I felt my mother reach down from heaven and smack me in the back of the head. Seriously. I heard her say “WTF is wrong with you? Are you a moron?” That was the last cigarette I ever smoked.

22 6,984
 08-16-2022, 10:27 AM
User Info
(08-16-2022, 09:28 AM)chazt Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 04:11 AM)TobyC Wrote:

Thanks for the details, TC. I’m ignorant of chewing tobacco. I smoked cigarettes for years. And years. Quit dozens of times. Finally quit for good, probably some 15-18 years ago at this point. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you quit? My daughter caught me (I was a secret smoker for many years) while I was taking a walk one afternoon. She pitched a fit. I strongly wanted to quit then. Cut down to less than a pack a week. One day I was out walking the dog and having a smoke. I felt my mother reach down from heaven and smack me in the back of the head. Seriously. I heard her say “WTF is wrong with you? Are you a moron?” That was the last cigarette I ever smoked.

Mom knows best!  Smiley_1140

My wife smoked cigarettes, and I quit RedSeal as an incentive for her to quit smoking. Didn't happen immediately but she's quit now, and she's ok with my "backey".  Rolleyes

0 605