08-27-2022, 10:03 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
We received a shipment from Abbate Y La Mantia on Thursday.  Abbate Y La Mantia soaps and aftershaves are interestingly and uniquely scented and are excellent for those with sensitive skin. One of their claims to fame is they use judicious amounts of saffron in their soaps. Saffron adds anti microbial properties and is great for your skin. The scents (e.g. Fig/Apple) are very creative and divine. 

[Image: Ukl1O8Z.jpg]

54 22,554
 08-27-2022, 06:10 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I just ordered Fufluns and Buttero aftershave splash, I'm excited to try them both.

14 2,583
 08-27-2022, 07:18 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(08-27-2022, 06:10 PM)Sully Wrote: I just ordered Fufluns and Buttero aftershave splash, I'm excited to try them both.

Thank you Shawn! Please let me know your impressions once you have used them.

54 22,554
 10-22-2022, 02:15 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
(08-27-2022, 07:18 PM)bullgoose Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 06:10 PM)Sully Wrote: I just ordered Fufluns and Buttero aftershave splash, I'm excited to try them both.

Thank you Shawn! Please let me know your impressions once you have used them.

My impression of both is great!  Skin care qualities are excellent.  Driy down is not greasy or tacky.  

I ordered Fufluns to try a different scent and I am glad I did.  The scent notes say (taken from your site) 
Quote:the fragrance of this soap is everything sweet that comes from what is green. Destined to fall to the ground if it were not picked by those who appreciate it. A juicy bunch that does not evolve into fruit, but into notes of green amber that make it unusual.

I thought that this might be a sweet fruity scent, but it is not.  The fragrance is grape leaves, and it's unusual and nice.  The scent lasts all day, but not in a power house, monster projection, way.  Throughout the day I'll get hints of the scent and I always think, "oh, that's nice, and interesting".  It reminds me of driving by a winery and smelling the grape leaves.

14 2,583