09-11-2022, 06:55 AM
User Info
I've only been using DE razors for about 4 months.  Not one to display a lot of patience, I've bounced around trying about 6 different razors, looking to find what best suits me.  The Timeless 0.95 SB gives me the best results so far, but I would love to find something that can give me the same results with fewer passes.  A really good shave for me takes 3 passes (up, down, and sideways) with some clean up.  Today I tried a Timeless 0.68 OC.  I went down a notch in blade gap thinking the OC would be much more aggressive.  The 0.68 OC gave me a shave that was not quite as good as what I have been getting from my 0.95 SB, but I found it to be very smooth and pleasant to use.  I didn't seem to need the same amount of clean up.  I'm going to give it a few more runs, then step up to a 0.95 OC and see what I get.  I'm hoping it gives me the boost I need so I can reduce the number of passes and thereby reduce skin irritation.  I'm thinking the 0.95 OC should be just a step or two more aggressive than the 0.95 SB.  Maybe just what I need.

Anyone have thoughts about OC vs SB for a rookie wet shaver?

0 46
 09-11-2022, 11:10 AM
User Info
Why choose?  I got the combined OC/SB titanium with the 0.68 gap.  I shave every day and I value less worry about shaving mishaps over greater efficiency and I'm quite pleased.  I use the OC side for pass 1 and the SB side for pass 2.  I'm not at all a connoisseur at this but you might want to consider it.

0 26
 09-11-2022, 02:35 PM
User Info
(09-11-2022, 11:10 AM)rmongiovi Wrote: Why choose?  I got the combined OC/SB titanium with the 0.68 gap.  I shave every day and I value less worry about shaving mishaps over greater efficiency and I'm quite pleased.  I use the OC side for pass 1 and the SB side for pass 2.  I'm not at all a connoisseur at this but you might want to consider it.

That's good advice.  I'm definitely going to consider it.  Thanks.

0 46