09-29-2022, 11:59 AM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
Winter is when my skin gets dryer, and dryer. And, as the years go by, it continues to need moisturizer more than ever. But, I have found a magic formula that really helps.

Antica Barbieria Colla is the most moisturizing shaving cream and after shave that I have found. I only use it in the winter. The leaves are starting to turn here in Toronto, and pretty soon there will be frost at night, and the air will be dryer.

My shipment arrived today, and I snapped this picture.

I'll likely order their Red Sandalwood hard soap and the Green Tobacco aftershave milk as soon as they come back in stock.

[Image: KtZXRdi.jpg]

1 766
 09-29-2022, 12:07 PM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
This one is not a very good photo, but I just had to include it.  I was just putting my camera back in the bag, and looked up and saw this deer walking up to check out the lovely almond scent.  I quickly grabbed it (the camera, not the deer) and managed to get one snap before the deer galloped off.

[Image: s1CgNde.jpg]

1 766
 09-29-2022, 01:35 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Great photo! This is good advice. Winter air can be brutal on skin, I know what you mean. I get it mostly on my hands, but parts of my face benefit from a little TLC too. I’ve used good old unrefined organic Shea butter for many years. My winter aftershave balms include Eufros Lime and Atlantico, and Baume.Be. I haven’t tried the Baume yet, but am looking forward to a chilly morning one day soonSmile

22 6,885
 10-02-2022, 08:26 AM
  • 2Chops
  • North Central PA
User Info
(09-29-2022, 12:07 PM)David Wrote: This one is not a very good photo, but I just had to include it.  I was just putting my camera back in the bag, and looked up and saw this deer walking up to check out the lovely almond scent.  I quickly grabbed it (the camera, not the deer) and managed to get one snap before the deer galloped off.

[Image: s1CgNde.jpg]

The fact that the deer is a bit blurred really makes the shave gear POP.  Bonus that the deer is really there and not photo shopped in.  Nice.

0 888
 10-03-2022, 04:02 AM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
I wouldn't know how to photoshop, even if I had it.

And, I have no plans to acquire it.

1 766